Speed Dial for FF, pretty sweet, 1 question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OrangeCuse44, Jan 11, 2009.

1. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

As you can see from my screenshot, I'm working on a black theme with Speed Dial. To complete this I need to turn FF's background to black but cannot figure out how to do so. Can anyone lend a hand with this? Also, for Speed Dial users, how can you remove the title from each clip, like get rid of Goooooogle and just leave the logo?

Attached Files:

2. OrangeCuse44 thread starter macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Hmmm, if you want to do it purely for Speed Dial, I'm guessing it must have a .CSS file somewhere specifying its style. You would probably then open it and add / modify the background-color statement.

If it doesn't have one, or it doesn't specify the BG color, and you want all unspecified pages to be black in background, you might alternatively edit browser.display.background_color via about:config. Changing the value to #000000 would make the background of about:blank and any page that doesn't specify a background color to be black. Should be fairly safe, as 99% of pages should be specifying their BG color.

Also, please don't bump your thread.

5. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Google Chrome has this (PC only right now). This is one of the main reasons why I love that browser.

6. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

I've never used Speed Dial, but the html tag for background color is placed in the body tag. Such as:

<body bgcolor="black">

your content

</body>

Does Speed Dial offer viewing of your code?

you may also see a variation such as:
    <body style="background-color:#000000;">

7. OrangeCuse44 thread starter macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

I changed the background color in about:config but only for the instant Speed Dial loads is it black. I filtered the config to look at all strings for Speed Dial itself but saw nothing with the page background color. Frustrating because I saw someone post a screen shot of a modified black background in FF here http://www.flickr.com/photos/32717975@N04/3107174604/

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan