Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

siam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Thailand
I am using Speed Download , and would like some help in using it, so I hope some one here can please offer me some advice.

If I want to download some thing that consists of several files, say a-b-c-d , Speed Downloader will automatically start downloading
all the files at One go at the same time, what I am trying to do is get Speed Downloader to download some thing that consists of several files, but only One file at a time , and then once the item has been fully downloaded One file by One, get Speed Downloader to move onto the next
batch of files and start downloading them One by One. ive looked in preferences but can't see an answer ,I hope this makes sense , any advice Please

siam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Thailand
Hi, thanks for the reply, Ive all ready tried the queue , when I paste in the links into the File URL window, the queue starts ok
and the files download , but they only show a completed download size of 14kb each file , I have checked the file links , with a link checker first
and they show all ok, I am not too sure if the problem is some thing to do with pasting the links into the queue File URL window .

any Ideas where I am going wrong ..?

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Sometimes the web site redirects you when you click on the links. So when you paste the link into Speed Download you are really just downloading the redirect script instead of the file. Those things are sometimes tricky to get into Speed Download, and sometimes near impossible. You might just have to download them the old fashioned way.

siam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Thailand
Hi, Thanks for the reply its appreciated . I was hoping I could set Speed Download to just automatically download several files One at at time,
If I find a list of files I want to download, and I run my mouse pointer over them ( like pasting ) then right click , in Firefox I then get a drop down box that say's Speed Download, if I then left click , this then puts the files into the Speed Download's in Progress box
and starts to download all the files at the same time right away .

The problem I have with this is , say 12 files are all trying to download at the same time, due to my poor internet connection,
for some reason some of the downloading files just freeze . If I just download One file at a time it downloads ok no problems
but its a pain in the backside to sit and download One file at a time.

I hope there's a way to automatically download One file at a time , with out the redirected scripts being downloaded - Ive tried the Speed Download Forum , but no help .

Any more Ideas - Please :mad:

Or can some one recommend another application that can download One file at a time ...?

m6azeez

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2009
siam,

you can copy the links you wanna download by highlighting them and (CMD+C). then (CMD+V) on the speed download application window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.