Speed graph when horseback riding

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Lillajapan, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Lillajapan macrumors newbie

Lillajapan

Hi,
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get a SpeedGraph showing either on the watch or by syncing it to the phone after having ridden out. Also would it be able to show the speed real time?
    I am looking at the Apple Watch 2 and the garmin 235. I know garmin works well, but I think the Apple Watch (38mm) will fit my wrist better as I have very skinny wrists.
    Kind regards
    Penny

2. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

If you started a Cycling workout on an Apple Watch 2, it should record splits and a GPS track viewable on a map later, and it should display current speed (Mph or kph). A Running workout would work similarly except that it would display pace (min per Mile) instead of speed.

The GPS track viewable later on your iPhone would show where you went and your relative speed at any point via color coding (green fast to yellow to red slow). Your splits are viewable on the phone too. I don't know that you can extract speed/pace at any given moment though, after the fact. I haven't tried to extract that level of detail.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

The speed would be determined using GPS. It would show your speed using any number of apps but would show some lag from your speed changes to actually showing it on the screen.