Speed Increase Vary in Macbooks

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dandubois89, Jun 9, 2009.

1. dandubois89 macrumors newbie

With Snow Leopard coming out fairly soon, pricing and more in depth look at the features and advances. I feel like I'm the only one wondering how much will it matter on my Black Macbook. To me it seems like apple definitely stepped up the game on the graphics cards a bit to prepare for the switch to snow leopard that use GPGPU.

With SL being so cheap I'm definitely upgrading but Im just curious of a speed difference between mine and a new one. Im not exactly positive how it works but any one care to shed some light on this for me? If there is a huge difference when I can afford it I may buy a new macbook next year and give the lady of the house this one. :)

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Even without the OpenCL ability (X3100's won't do that), you'll still benefit from the "Grand Central" technology which will allow all programs to better utilize dual-core processors.

3. dandubois89 thread starter macrumors newbie

So the X1300 doesnt benefit at atll from GPGPU computing? It wont utilize the graphics card to do whatever the hell it would do in the new ones?

4. zsnow macrumors regular

i think x3100 should be able to do the opencl since they are designed to support the next gen shaders like directx10. shader model4...etc
    but intel just don't want to provide the driver i guess.