Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fab5freddy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
Heaven or Hell
i have a brand new macbook pro 15" , 2.2 Ghz, and for some reason it seems a little sluggish compared to my Fujitsu PC laptop that is 2 years old.....

especially web browsing is much quicker on my old PC.
Anyone have a clue as to why this is ??

LaMerVipere

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Chicago
I know it seems that way. I just upgraded from a 1.33GHz iBook G4, and when I compare browsing the internet on that with my MacBook Pro, aside from certain sites being a bit smoother, there isn't much of a difference.

But I sure notice the speed of this thing when I launch 3 browsers, Google Earth, MS Word, iTunes, iPhoto, Photoshop, and Adium and they all open in a couple seconds. :)

BlueArctos

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2007
It could be the browser you are using. If you are using Safari, try out FireFox instead, its a solid performer.

Otherwise, what is the connection method on each? I assume they are both wireless, so really no issue there.

Elvithrar

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2007
Not that I'm an expert on these matters.. are you connecting to the internet the same way with both systems. I've noticed that my wireless connection isn't as reliable as my wired connection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.