speed of opening applications in Snow lepoard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cruiser34, Aug 10, 2010.

1. cruiser34 macrumors newbie

cruiser34

Hi

i've just got a MBP 13. i was able to set the speed at which the applications open, so rather than the little icon in the dock bouncing 3 or 4 times it bounces twice then opens.

i cannot find where i did this :confused:

also is it ok to set it to the fastest if you like?

:)

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

I don't know where to change this, but I do know that the number of bounces doesn't influence how fast applications open. They will always start as fast as possible. When you think about, you will see that it would not make very much sense to make the speed at which applications open variable because every user would obviously want them to open as fast as possible.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

In addition to the information ergdegdeg (I think of Turkey reading this name) provided, every application opens at different speeds, as a small application like TextEdit will open faster than Safari or even iTunes (which will open slower the bigger the library is). And Safari will open faster than PhotoShop and so forth. Once the application has been opened and closed again, the grand re-opening will be faster if there are still some remnants of that application in the RAM.

4. cruiser34 thread starter macrumors newbie

cruiser34

ok thanks. its definitely in there somewhere, because i changed it to bounce only twice iirc

but i see what yous are saying :)