Speed Test

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macnificant, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Macnificant
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

i just switched carriers today and I am with T-Mobile now. Was with Verizon but I like the way T-Mobile is going.

I've had excellent reception since switching and I did a speed test and I am getting 22 download and 2 upload.

Not very computer savvy and forgot to test Verizon before the switch but how do they numbers look ?

2. Freakonomics101
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

I would call that slightly below average. T-Mobile average in my area is around 62 Mbps download and 20 upload. Verizon average is around 70 download and 15 upload.

3. Macnificant
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502a

What app are you using? I am using speedtest and it doesn't go above 50mbps.

4. Freakonomics101
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

Ookla and the Netflix based one. It's all based on the location you're testing in. You'll always get different results in different areas.

5. eyoungren
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors P6

eyoungren

You're doing better than I am. I tend to average around 2-19 down or so. I've hit as high as 51 down though, but that was early morning.

I am in no way complaining though. Unlike the swiss cheese coverage I had with Sprint, T-Mobile's coverage is everywhere I go and while it may sometimes be slower than Sprint was in spots it's steady and consistent.

Been with T-Mobile for a little over a year now and I haven't had to worry about getting data once. It's just worked. And there is nothing I do that demands a consistent ~100 down.

It's nice to be able to just use my data and not have to worry about if I CAN use it or not!

6. Stereo
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

I get around 15-20mb at home and 50-80mb in town with Verizon. Anything that's not Verizon is pretty spotty where I am.

7. Lobwedgephil
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Speedtest goes over 50.

8. Mlrollin91
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Speedtest goes up to 500Mbps (The graph) but it will go as high as your internet speed is.

On AT&T, I typically see 70Mbps down and 15-20Mbps up.
    My buddy with TMO gets about 45-50Mbps down and 10-15Mbps up.

9. Pinkstiletto66
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

My T-Mobile uploads are usually under 5. I've gotten as high as 20 something. My downloads range from 18-80, but 20 something is my average. I'm in Brooklyn NYC. My phone has been having call quality issues but not sure if that makes a difference.

10. T5BRICK
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Go into settings and change the scale.

IMG_2755.PNG