Speed up a clip?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by cleo, May 4, 2008.

1. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

I'm *really* new to digital video and don't know the lingo too well, so please bear with me. :)

I'm doing a project that will have 4 or 5 distinct "chunks." Between each, I'll have a title screen type thing to serve as a transition. I've played around in iMovie a bit, but I don't see any text effects that really fit the feel of the project (which is *very* casual). I thought it'd be neat to use iShowU + Photoshop + my Wacom tablet to have the transition be a clip of the words actually being scribbled in my own handwriting. So I played around with *that* a bit, and it's great. There's one problem, though: no matter how fast I try to write, I can't get the speed quick enough while keeping the text clear enough to read. So I was thinking that I could just do a clip where I write slowly (and neatly) and then speed it up... but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do that. Is it possible in iMovie? If so, how? If not, any other ideas?

2. AndySutton macrumors newbie

iMovie '08 cannot speed up or slow down a clip. A real shame, but Final Cup Pro and Lite can - if that's available to you?

Andy

3. cleo thread starter macrumors 65816

cleo

Oh wow... yeah, the more I'm looking around iMovie '08, the more it appears to completely suck compared to what I remember of the previous version (which I only ever did one project on).

Final Cut Express seems like a lot of fun, but I'm nowhere near serious enough about video (yet) to justify the cost. Luckily, a quick google turned up Apple's download page for iMovie 6, and it's quite easy to do what I need with it. (Proof that you're never old enough to hear, "search first, post later." /grin)