Speed up iTunes CoverFlow

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by EclipX, Jun 24, 2007.

1. EclipX macrumors member

EclipX

Hello, i have iTunes 7.2 and i use CoverFlow sometimes, but i have a library of 6000+ songs inside it.. so when i use coverflow, it laags a little bit.... how do i change this?

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Add more RAM and / or scroll through the entirety of cover flow before you start using iTunes to load all the images into RAM (this will eat a lot of it though).

3. EclipX thread starter macrumors member

EclipX

I already have 2GB RAM inside my macbook running OSX 10.4.10... it's not slow, but sometimes is just laags.. i have a 1st gen macbook with CoreDuo, maybe it's the cpu?

4. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

No, if you've maxed out the RAM, there's nothing much else that will help. the 1.83Ghz or 2Ghz CD MB you've got has more than enough processing power to handle coverflow. The only 2 things in your MB that can really affect coverflow are your RAM and (integrated) graphics.

5. jamestimes macrumors newbie

I just had itunes take exactly 1.128 gigs of ram. After being seriously choppy it just flat out said "The itunes library file cannot be saved. An unknown error occured" and I had to close itunes before i could do anything else. Unknown? No, that would be the coverflow is a memory hog more than any other combination of applications I use error.

Way to be apple

6. TheStu macrumors 65816

How many albums do you have artwork for? I mean, if all the album art is from iTunes, then it is usually pretty high res, and so, if all the images are loaded, and they all take up some space....

It does still suck though that iTunes crashed on you, I feel the pain of the crashing app.