Speed Up Specific Application in Use

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Josh Kahane, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Josh Kahane macrumors 6502

Hi

I was wondering I have been playing World of Warcraft for a long time now, and I was just beginning to play around with the graphics settings, and Im on that border line where if I have my graphics set to full my FPS isn't quite there and so I was wondering if there was something I could do, or something that sped up the foreground application or chosen application or something, know what I mean? As this would hopefully just bump up my speed a tad. So that it focused it processing power on the application in use.

Also, while typing the above I just thought, when Snow Leopard comes, the OS itself will be a lot speedier, as well as applications like Safari, and the other Apple apps including in OS X, but will it significantly speed up normal other apps as well?

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Hi Josh

As far as I know, there is no way to "speed up the foreground application". I have never heard of any settings or tweaks to accomplish this.

Concerning SL, yes, it should be speedier for many things, but I don't know that you will see a significant increase in gaming performance like you are seeking.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. BobZune macrumors 6502a