Speeding Up Pages Exports

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JadeBuddha, Apr 5, 2008.

1. JadeBuddha macrumors newbie

While I'm eager to complete my switch over to iWork from Office, I still have several documents I've been working on that are *.doc files. Is there anyway to speed up or automate Pages' export process so that saving *.doc files is as easy as saving *.pages files?

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Are you trying to open existing Word document files automatically in Pages, or export them from Pages to Word documents?

3. JadeBuddha thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm trying to export them, and I'd like the process to be faster (one click or auto-exported if possible).

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Possibly an AppleScript could be created to do this, but that's not my forté, and I wonder how many clicks you'd save since exporting is really only two or three.

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

What I did was simply mapped Export to :apple:-E, and if Word format is the last chosen, then you simply hit Enter to select it again. You can do that mapping in System Preferences -> Keyboard and Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts. Just make sure you type the command in exactly as it appears in the menu (don't recall if it's "Export" or "Export...").

jW

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Excellent solution. Very nice. :)