Speeding up Watch shipment

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Gmouse, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Gmouse macrumors regular

Though I ordered within a minute of the online store opening, Watch (space black with link band) says "Delivers 30 September, 2016 by standard shipping"...unfortunately, I'm going on a week-long vacation and flying out the morning of 9/27.

If I call Apple and ask if they will change shipping to overnight, and...as they have sometimes done...if they beat the stated delivery date, do I have a chance of getting the watch on 9/26 (the last full day I have prior to vacation)?

IF that won't work, what are my options, can I have it shipped to local Apple Store and they'll hold until I'm back on 10/5? I'm not sure UPS Store will hold that long...

Thanks!

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Contact UPS when it gets to your local terminal and they will hold for you.

3. avihayg macrumors newbie

Try to register to UPS my choice.. and when the package appears in your account ask them to hold it in UPS store near you.
    It might arrive earlier but there is no way to know until a few days before the date they gave you

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Preordered items, from my understanding cannot be altered with shipping options. Definitely contact your delivery service for a hold.

5. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

ordered a SS black with link at about 303EST using apple app store and got a delivery for this friday. Wonder if they really sold out that fast, didn't think the nicer models would sell as fast as the others, good choice though!