Spell checker for MR

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ChristianJapan, Aug 22, 2011.

1. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Hello team,

Would it be possible to enable a spell checker for the text field ? In many cases my iDevices makeing my typing really bad. Plus my own incapabilitiy using English doesn't help either. Therefore a dedicated spell checker button would be nice in the web interface.

Any package in the forum software around ?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Firefox and Safari (and probably others) have a built-in spell checker. For spelling and grammar you might want to look at After the Deadline. It has plugins for Firefox and Google Chrome. I've used it a little in the past and it's pretty good. I don't think vBulletin has any helpful plugins for this, but I could be wrong, but the browser can help you out.

3. AdrianK macrumors 68020

I think the OP is only having the issue with iOS.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Good catch. When I first read it, I thought he was using words like "iDevices" as an example of what he was misspelling. After a second read, I concur with you. Does the iOS Safari have a spell checker for text areas? I don't have any iOS-based devices, but it is from Webkit so I'd think it would.

5. ChristianJapan thread starter macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Sorry, my fault; should be more clear in the first run. Yes, problem mainly with iPhone and iPad ...