Spellcheck with physical keyboard?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jfrancis04, May 10, 2012.

1. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted

Are there ANY apps out there that have the spell check feature when a Bluetooth keyboard is connected?

I love my new ultra thin but lack of spell check (or even auto correct) is driving me crazy.

Note: I'm currently using quickoffice which doesn't support this (that I know of).

2. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

I would love autocorrect as an option under its when a Bluetooth keyboard is connected. I really hope it makes it into ios6.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I lose autocorrect, but spell check still seems to work for me (if I tap a misspelled word, a suggestion still pops up).

4. jfrancis04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted

Inside which app?

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

it should work anywhere you can type.

6. jfrancis04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Works in notepad...not in Quickoffice, which sucks.

I can't imagine there's not a setting to enable it, but I've looked everywhere.

7. Night Spring, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012

Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

And that's the reason I stick with Pages -- for some reason, the other Office suite apps all seem to mess up some aspect of input functions like this.

8. jfrancis04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ugh. I've avoided buying pages and favored Quickoffice because of its abillity to integrate with DropBox, but this is just strange.

I'm an aspiring author and have been trying to type a lot more on my iPad as of late (bought the logitech ultrathin).

Quick question about pages, does it show each page number as you're typing? I'm dealing with really large amounts of text and was stunned to see that QuickOffice doesn't even show the page numbers (unless you scroll through on the left using the quickscroll feature).

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

While typing? I don't think so. It does show the page numbers when you quickscroll, which I guess works similarly in QuickOffice. I actually doubt that any of the major Office suits have this feature -- where exactly do you think page numbers should be displayed while typing?

10. jfrancis04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bottom right corner of the page. Like if you're typing an APA paper or something.