Spelling mistake USPS

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Abs_p, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

I shipped an iphone 5 to a friend via USPS priority mail however i did one horrible mistake. I wrote "Unitas ave" as "Unitus ave" in street address.
    Will it be a problem?

It has reached the postoffice in the area she lives in. I hope it gets delivered and i did put signature confirmation.

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I've had things reach me that had my address absolutely butchered before. :p

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Is there a Unitus ave? It could be delayed and with USPS, if something is returned to them then for me it's always been a headache.

Either way, people have butchered my address before and remarkably, I've gotten packages. I hope it works out for you.

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

If you got the ZIP code right, and there's no "Unitus" ave. in that ZIP code, you should be okay.

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Too funny: when I did a search on "misspelled addresses" everything on the first page had to do with e-mail addresses.

6. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Agreed, and beyond that. My brother recently moved to a new street and I mailed him something and he lives on 269 G Burdick street.

I mailed something to him and put 269 Burdick street. He got what I sent him, but he informed me that there is a Burdick street, G burdick street and a N Burdick street. I think the post office is good at making the names up with the zip codes, and knowing their territory.