Spending all my money

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Waffle Stomping, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Waffle Stomping macrumors newbie

I decided earlier this month that I was so fed up with Verizon and that i just wanna cancel my contract and get the iPhone I've been waiting for. Then a couple of days ago my dell laptop starts pooping out on me. Looking at the 13" MacBook Pros I decided to get one. I got the student discount because i will be using it for collage next year and the free touch. My spending this month has been $2400 and that's pretty much the money a had saved up. Of course some of that would be for a laptop because i knew i needed one soon. It's just sad to see all that money gone so fast. Once it gets at my door I'm probably forget all about it. Do you think spending it was a bad idea?

2. macJC50640 macrumors regular

Well why do you save money? To accumulate big amounts for later use if something comes up that you want/need.

It sounds like you needed a new phone, and a new laptop. So I don't think you should feel bad about spending the money. Besides I'm sure you will be more then happy with your new products. :D

3. Waffle Stomping thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I think I will feel better once I get it. It's just a lot to spend at once time. I'll just enjoy my new apple products that I have been longing for and start saving again.

4. macJC50640 macrumors regular

Oh yes, the point is to enjoy the money you've been saving for years right? Sounds like a pretty good way to enjoy it in my opinion. :cool:

5. Waffle Stomping thread starter macrumors newbie

6. macJC50640 macrumors regular

7. theprizefight macrumors member

I really don't think you will ever regret buying your Macbook (or the iphone for that matter). I got my 15" MacBook Pro in January of 2007 (almost 2.5 yrs ago now) and I still think it was hands down the best purchase I ever made. It is something you will use literally every day, and probably for multiple hours, and it will last you a hell of a long time (I haven't even contemplated upgrading, mine is still plenty fast...all I have done is upped it to 3GB ram).

Also, if you have some entrepreneurial spirit, it might even be the gateway to earning you some extra money on the side. In my senior year of college, about a year ago, I decided to start up a web design service with a buddy of mine, which has turned out to be pretty successful and has more than paid for my laptop purchase. There are plenty of ways to make some extra money on the side, even in college, so definitely look our for any opportunities that might come your way. Enjoy the laptop and iphone!

8. Waffle Stomping thread starter macrumors newbie

Again thanks. I am out of town right now and when I get home seeing my new iPhone and Macbook it will be like love at first sight.

9. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

it's only a bad idea if you're worried about not having money for things like rent/food/etc. If this was discretionary spending money then enjoy the new toys and don't worry about it!