SPG case cracking (pic attach)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by CBR900RR, Dec 10, 2008.

1. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

SGP Case for iPhone 3G Ultra Thin [Black], had it for little over 1 months and it start developing crack, never drop or damage.

[​IMG]

Original picture

2. kicko macrumors 65816

Wow what camera did you use for that?? I have been trying to get a pic of mine and was not able to.

Its a defect for sure, i contacted SGP and they said it would replace the case if I could get an image emailed to them, but my camera is not "good" enough I guess. I believe the molding for the 2nd version black case (the 1st being the one withe flaking issue) the upper camera side corner is a tiny bit too small and causes a stress crack as it tries to stretch and fit perfectly. Mine is like that and i also have a friend that has the exact same issue. So in total that would make 3 of us right here.

3. CBR900RR thread starter macrumors 6502a

1st for the camera, it is a sub $100 cheap camera(canon A590is), the trick is take it outside under the sun, use macro setting, and use a manetfying glass in between the camera lens and the object.

2nd I just receive a reply from SPG
    3rd Dunno if this is related, my initial order number from SPG is 666:eek:

4. larapumkin macrumors regular

lol 666 wow that's a myth
    i actually don't know about hard cases...well i do have tried few hard cases and actually using one for now tho..
    but i like silicon cases better..switch easy color! :)
    hard case must be protective but since i don't want to lose the shape of the phone, i need to look for a thin case which will not be so strong enough against shocks. well im not throwing my phone around tho..
    Yeah you should get a replacement from them definitely

5. CBR900RR thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just to follow up, receive brand new replacement SGP Ultra Thin [Black] casing from SGP store in the mail on 12-13-08:D

6. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Hopefully that replacement case won't show cracks again. It seems a lot of those "jacket type of cases" encounter cracks.

7. kicko macrumors 65816

I got my replacement today too. I want to know if yours cracks again, so please post. I will use this but not right now i really seem to like my incipio feather which is really similar but i like how it covers the bezel and gives a smoother appearence.