SpiderOak for 2 laptops

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jaguar57, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Jaguar57 macrumors newbie

Jaguar57

I connected my two Macbook Pros to the same SipderOak icloud account with the expectation that if I updated a file (one of those I initially uploaded to SpiderOak) on one laptop that it would automatically be uploaded to spideroak and then when I turned on the other laptop that updated file would download to the 2nd laptop. But it don't seem to work that way. Is there an icloud system that does work that way?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Well if you are working in office on office 365 it'll do this automatically through one drive.

3. Jaguar57 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jaguar57

I asked SpiderOak the same question and here's their reply:

This article from our support documentation describes what the Hive folder is and how to use it - https://spideroak.com/manual/hive-folder. It sounds like Hive will do what you want, but syncing is not instantaneous. It can take a few minutes after starting your second laptop before it will finish downloading data from the first laptop that is in the Hive folder. (And the data on the first computer must first completely finish the backup process before it will be available to sync to the second computer.)