Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
Does anyone know if their screen protectors are truly compatible. The website already lists yes. Concern is the home button. Does the screen protector cutout need tonbe bigger for the ring?

eswank

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2006
NorCal
Does anyone know if their screen protectors are truly compatible. The website already lists yes. Concern is the home button. Does the screen protector cutout need tonbe bigger for the ring?

I've been wondering about this all night since I've been looking for an iPhone 5S case since I'm upgrading from a 4S. It looks as if the home button for the 5S is the same size as the 5 which is why Spigen is saying their screen protectors are compatible.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
I've been wondering about this all night since I've been looking for an iPhone 5S case since I'm upgrading from a 4S. It looks as if the home button for the 5S is the same size as the 5 which is why Spigen is saying their screen protectors are compatible.

True but what about the metal ring? Did apple post detailed dimension specs yet? Sometimes they do before the release.

skoldpadda

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010

They are listed as yes, but I did also share the concern.

In another thread, someone from bodyguardz said that their tempered glass screen protector, the pure would work fully

Now the pure measures in at 0.4mm thick, with the GLAS.t Nano Slim t measuring in at 0.2mm, I have no doubt it will work.

Hope this helps.

skoldpadda

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
That is very nice. I am intending to get this as well. Is the the back piece a wet application type?

I would like to know as well!

No it is a dry install.

The back piece is however 3 pieces:
Top Section - Ultra Crystal
Middle Section - Anti Glare
Bottom Section - Ultra Crystal.

It feels just as great in the hand as when the phone is naked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.