Spigen [BOUNCE] Premium Soft TPU Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ThunderApple, Jul 10, 2013.

1. ThunderApple, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013

ThunderApple macrumors 6502

A new case from Spigen which looks very promising and for only $10. :eek:

It's a eBay and Amazon exclusive which I can't seem to wrap my head around on what the reason for that would be.

Ordered the black one on Amazon and I'll be getting it on Friday. Will post a review once I get it but from the pictures alone it looks like a winner at $10.

http://www.amazon.com/SPIGEN-SGP-iP...&sr=8-1&keywords=iphone+5s+case+bounce+spigen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RichardC300, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013

RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

How lame... All of Spigen's cases did a good job of showing no aluminum through the camera cutout...until this case. :mad: I thought for a second that my search for the perfect TPU case had ended.

3. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

For the price I think it's something that can be easily overlooked. I have a very thin matte film on the back of my phone so it won't bother me as much. I do find it odd though and they make it that way after doing without it on the other cases.

4. hunter2k9 macrumors newbie

do you know if the finish on the case is glossy or satin? I've been searching for a case similar to the Belkin Gripvue I had for my iPhone 4S, Belkin now only sells a satin finish Gripcandy case but I want the glossy plastic finish... could any of you guys recommend one similar to this?

5. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I ordered one. Should be here Monday. I hope it turns out to be a good case! Currently using a Magpul, and it's going be hard to beat this case.

6. Nostalgia macrumors member

oh wow :eek: that looks great! can anyone give your opinions on this once you recieve it?

I was about to buy the Magpul field case, but after seeing this, I´m having second thoughts.

7. MLAM macrumors regular

Looks to be a real good looking case for the money.

I look forward to seeing a review of it :)

8. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

It's arriving tomorrow. Expect a review by tomorrow night.

9. hunter2k9 macrumors newbie

^^ Yes please! and see if you can answer my question once you receive it... would gladly appreciate it!

10. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

11. SBC44 macrumors newbie

12. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

I've had Spigen cases and ended up going back to my Incipio Kicksnap. I actually noticed signal loss with my Slim Armor case. I don't know how that's possible but it was definitely there. Just an example, I went up north and had 2 bars with no data. Then switched back to the Incipio and had at least Edge with 3-4 bars.

13. jplusc macrumors 6502a

I ordered one yesterday and it's due to be delivered today as well. I'll post some impressions when I get it. I ordered the white one.

14. Nostalgia macrumors member

Looking forward from hearing once you guys get it! Please, also provide also some photos if possible! cheers

15. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

UPS delivered it 5 minutes ago. Going to snap it on and play around with it for the rest of the day until I get back from work. I'll post up a review with pictures and comparison later tonight.

My initial reaction is that I hate the glitter effect it has. Really looks like a low end case than something that came from Spigen but the feel overall is very nice.

I just slipped it onto the phone and WOW is the button responsive. The one thing I love about spigen is that you can't beat their tackile feedback and this case is no different. You get a very nice click and noise when pressing both the volume and sleep/wake button. It also feels thin in the hands.

My main grip so far is that it is a fingerprint magnet and the glitter is something that personally bothers me. I may have to pick up the white one to deal with that.

Expect my review later on the day!

Took very quick pictures before heading out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I wasn't too fond of the glitter stuff either. I was hoping it looks more like black metallic paint on cars, but looking at your picture, it looks more like glitter that girls put on their eyes.

17. Nostalgia macrumors member

Since it is a fingerprint magnet i suppose the texture is somewhat "sticky" right? Is it easy, for example, when taking in and out of your pocket? Or is it a pain in the a*s because of the "stickiness" ?

Thanks for the quick pics !

18. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I'm considering buying one, because it's a lot cheaper than the Ultra Thin Air. Is there any lip on it?

19. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Just got my bounce today (came a day early from amazon).

Returned it within 15 minutes of opening the package. It's junk.

This is the same cheap $1.00 TPU case you get off of ebay, but with the spigen name on it. It has a flimsy bottom lip that wiggles around, and doesn't even sit straight.

The edges on mine didn't sit still either, although they weren't as bad as the bottom lip.

The button feedback was good, however. The color has a little glitter/pearl in it, which ends up making it look a little gray in some lighting.

Save yourself the money, unless you just want a super cheap case to hold you over.

20. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

This is why the probably don't advertise it on their main site. lol. I'm not expecting much when mine comes in on Monday now.

21. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Got mine earlier than expected.

Pros:
    Very good tactile feel and audible button click on all 3 buttons.
    Thinnest TPU case I've ever used.

Cons:
    Flimsy. All edges pull easily.
    Glittery. This is a girl's case.

There's a quick pro/can list. I'll answer questions if you have any.

22. bchery21 macrumors 6502

bchery21

23. AE14 macrumors 6502a

24. Nostalgia macrumors member

it´s being discussed in another thread. check it out here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1609901

i believe the 5s stands more for "fives" rather than the next iphone [5S->if it´s even that the next iphone name].

25. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300