Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Saw this picture on an Amazon review where Spigen cases leave their imprints on the back of the iPhone. Anyone had this problem?

I have a couple of Spigen cases coming and do not want this on my phone.

spigenmarks.JPG

RCRod83

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2010
Saw this picture on an Amazon review where Spigen cases leave their imprints on the back of the iPhone. Anyone had this problem?

I have a couple of Spigen cases coming and do not want this on my phone.

View attachment 671774

Since you didn't link to the review, giving us the ability to read what else the reviewer wrote, I can only speculate that it's possible dirt that is getting between the case and the phone, and using a slightly damp microfiber cloth will clean up the dirty off the phone.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
This is a legit problem I had the same thing happen to my iPhone 6 years ago when I had it in a neo hybrid case. It does wipe off with a wet wipe but if there is any condensation it can come back. I don't know the full reason as to why this happens but it does wipe off.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Maybe cleaning the case with an alcohol wipe first might prevent this.
I've seen this on the back of glass Samsung phone but not on the flat black finish of the iPhone.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Those kinds of impressions can be lasting. I'd avoid any case that you already know is doing that to phones.

Reactions: hemantsg

appygirl82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
Oregon
I take mine out of the case probably 1-2 times per week to clear any dust and wipe it down. I have the case that makes these marks and they have yet to ever not wipe off. I see no issue.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Have had the same case since launch. I take it off every couple of weeks to wipe the phone, I have very faint marks but my screen cleaner and a cloth takes it right off. No problem for me.

Reactions: appygirl82

zad78

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2016
Well. How about trying to loosen the stickiness of the inner layer by applying some baby powder and then wipe it off with some damp cloth. I'm trying it now with my spigen liquid armor casing and see how it goes.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Well. How about trying to loosen the stickiness of the inner layer by applying some baby powder and then wipe it off with some damp cloth. I'm trying it now with my spigen liquid armor casing and see how it goes.
It'll give his phone ovarian cancer.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
A damp microfibre cloth and elbow grease will get it off.
Had the same case and phone back in the day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.