Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 3, 2020
Thought I’d share a few photos of the Spigen EZ fit glass screen protector I’ve just fitted to my iPhone 12 mini.

You get two in the pack, as well as two prep kits.

Wipe the screen with the supplied wet wipe and then dry it with the cloth. Finally use the sticker to remove any dust from the screen.

Then you just remove the backing film from the screen protector, and it aligns itself correctly - unlike others that might not go on quite straight even with a frame.

The touch sensitivity is great, it actually feels nicer than the glass and your finger glides across the protector with ease. It also hides finger prints better than the glass did.

No light bleed from the edges, it doesn’t cover the notch but doesn’t look out of place and will work with any case as well, pictures show it paired with the Apple black leather case.

Really impressed with the quality, the price and the ease of application which often puts people off trying it themselves.

06a78fc9f5c96609948e38693b2e5408.jpg
afa95d50f6ab65ad28d8bd3818134e25.jpg
1b432a88f36fd7fc96459f1a97c8c9c1.jpg

uttrekr

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Athens, TX
It was amazingly easy to install on my 12 Pro Max although it may be a bit on the delicate side. I've already replaced it - happily it came in a two pack.

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
I have the edge-to-edge variant with the AlignMaster. Bought 4 packages, so 8 screen protectors. I already burnt 5 of them in a week. It seems I had a faulty batch and had scratches at the backside of the screen protector, where the adhesive is.

I decided to try ESR and am much happier than I was with Spigen. Also, Spigen scratches quite easily.

Complex757

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2016
I have the edge-to-edge variant with the AlignMaster. Bought 4 packages, so 8 screen protectors. I already burnt 5 of them in a week. It seems I had a faulty batch and had scratches at the backside of the screen protector, where the adhesive is.

I decided to try ESR and am much happier than I was with Spigen. Also, Spigen scratches quite easily.

I've been using Spigen's for at least four or five years and have never had a scratch problem.

Reactions: RRC and nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX

Never had a scratch on my spigen glass protectors either and I’ve been in some serious scuffles where my phone has gone flying across concrete and asphalt.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 3, 2020

Where did you get it from? Spigen ones shouldn’t scratch easily at all.

ESR ones are good, however I dislike any that use a frame as you risk not getting it dead straight, where as the EZ fit ones it’s basically impossible not to get it straight every time, with zero effort.

Reactions: nrvous1

tdbrown75

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2015
Dallas, TX
I also use these, and they are excellent. Much better than the $30 jobs sold at big box retailers.

Use them for myself and whole extended family across iPhone 8plus, XR, 11, 12Pro, and 12ProMax. My personal ones last a good year or so, but my daughter goes through one every couple of months.

At the price, not a big deal and they always go on super easy. Also highly recommend!

Tim

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Where did you get it from? Spigen ones shouldn’t scratch easily at all.

ESR ones are good, however I dislike any that use a frame as you risk not getting it dead straight, where as the EZ fit ones it’s basically impossible not to get it straight every time, with zero effort.
I got mine on Amazon and my protector is also scratched. I never dropped it and carry my iPhone in its own pocket.

Im glad the protector scratched and not my screen though.

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Love Spigen screen protectors. Haven’t dropped my 12PM yet but my clumsy wife’s 11PM gets dropped hard on a weekly basis and still no chips or cracks.

My only complaint is that the notch cutout is super close to the infrared sensor but it hasn’t given me any problems yet so overall, a good buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.