iPad Spigen GLAS.t for iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ffnc1020, Nov 19, 2013.

1. ffnc1020 macrumors member

2. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

My wife has the Glas.T Slim on her iPhone 5 & I have a Bodyguardz Pure on my 5s. The slim is .24 mm and the Pure is .4. I like the thickness of the Pure...but the slim is great too. However, the slim will break easier. I don't think the .4 adds weight to my 5s, but the iPad Air is much bigger. I think it will add a bit, but not a ton. The glass is just like having a "naked" screen...just awesome. My wife didn't care about it...then I out it on her phone and she LOVES it. ;)

I would LOVE to put a glass protector on my Air...but can't justify the $70. I got an InvisibleShield HD for $30...and I'm pleased. It's not glass...but it's sure close.

3. ffnc1020 thread starter macrumors member

I've seen the INVELLOP ones before, really not a fan of the black/white around the bezel however the price is tempting.

I have a iSmooth screen protector on for now, the cut out for the camera is a little bit large but I guess I'll stick with that for now.

----------

Bodyguardz also have one for iPad Air, it $80.
    http://www.bodyguardz.com/pure-for-...en-protectors-covers-shields-skins-films.html

Just ordered a GLAS nano for my girlfriend's 5s. I've never used a glass protector before, guess I'll have to find out how it feels. I wonder if Spigen will have a GLAS nano or slim for the air.

4. tandeh macrumors regular

bodyguardz is meant to be much better adhesion than the Spigen, but i cant justify spending so much on a screen protector, i am tempted by the MadBits, but wanted to know if anyone knew the difference between 'glass.t', 'glass.tr' and 'glass M'?

anyone tried the cheaper chinese versions?, the invellop has rainbowing effect due to only adhesion around the bezel

5. eg2007 macrumors 6502

IMO, it's not worth it. I had it for my iPad Mini and wound up taking it off. My Adont Jot stylus wouldn't work properly with the screen protector on. Plus, I had a Zagg keyboard folio that I used with it and every time I closed it, it caused the screen protector to bubble.

I purchased a knock-off for my iPhone 5s and it's literally the same exact thing Spigen sells. Although, I only paid $10.

I LOVE tempered glass screen protectors, but they are not worth the full price. Most knock-offs are of similar if not equal quality.

Again, just my opinion.

6. tjcad macrumors newbie

glas.t is slightly thinner than glas.tr but glas.tr has a slightly rounder corners to prevent chipping. Dunno what Glass M is. I have a glas.tr on my iphone and thinking if it's worth it to get the glas.t, I'm not sure if they have a tr for the ipad mini. I just received my glas.t and can't decide if I wanna use it return it.

7. ffnc1020 thread starter macrumors member

I am looking at the Zagg keyboard cover, since you have to squeeze the iPad into the hinge, the added thickness may cause some trouble. But if there are some cheap knock-offs available, I would like to take a shot. Any suggestion on where I can get my hands on those?

----------

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1377490

Just found this thread, that' really terrible!:eek:

8. Giuly, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Wait for the GLAS.t Slim, GLAS.tR, GLAS.tR Slim, GLAS.tR Nano Slim and then finally, the GLAS.t Nano Slim. :rolleyes:

Spigen: The only place where "Well, we made it thinner" creates a separate product - twice.

9. tandeh macrumors regular

thanx for the great and valuable advise, did the cheap knock off bubble up like some reviews say of the Spigen or has it been more reliable aka bodyguardz version?

10. tandeh macrumors regular

11. eg2007 macrumors 6502

Nope. It's perfect. Oddly enough, I haven't had any issues, bubbling, etc.

I've had that bubble issue on all the Spigen iPhone Glas.t's I've purchased.

Bought 3 tempered screen protectors with rounded edges from a buyer named bbzz53 on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151091900541?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

----------

Posted where I got my iPhone Glas.t knock-off from. Haven't tried an iPad one.

Yes, the issue using a Glas.t with those Zagg's are that they pinch at the hinge. The tempered glass screen protector adds a little thickness, and both the Zaggkeys Folio and Cover have this hinge at the base which enable the keyboard to work like a laptop-ish hinge.

You can try it, but just be aware that it may pinch the Glas.t and make it bubble. Prob a case by case thing.