Spigen Glas.T vs. Glas.Tr

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ilikecoupons, Jan 13, 2013.

1. ilikecoupons macrumors newbie

Is the Glas.Tr worth the higher price tag over the Glas.T?

I have heard that the Glas.T chips much more easily than the Glas.Tr.

Also, do you think the Spigen Full Armor package deal is worth it?

EDIT: I have also read that some people are getting gift cards or promo codes with their Spigen products. Can anyone confirm?

2. katai macrumors regular

Last two orders I've made came with $7.99 gift cards.

3. Risingkazuya05 macrumors member

Tr has rounded edges to prevent chipping that the original Glas.T had suffered from according to people.

4. ilikecoupons thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't seem to find any reviews online that mention the chipping on the glas.t...

5. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

Yes, the glas.t does chip, I am a very careful person, but the damn thing still chipped after 8 months of use

just so you know, most reviews online are sponsored by spigen, so you probably wont hear too many bad things about their products.

6. CarlCoxx macrumors newbie

the T is thinner but has a straight edge. the R is a tad thicker but rounded edge. I prefer the T

7. Steevie macrumors regular

I agree with this. The T is a little thinner so it fits better with the Slim Armor. The straight edges line up with the lip of the armor so it looks seamless. In my opionion this is a great deal.This is how i look at it, glast is meant to be used with cases and the glastR is meant for naked/coated phone. Check the other threads but these are both great products at a crazy price

8. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Spigen themselves say that on their page for the glas.t, and suggest certain cases to protect the edges. I'd be inclined to take their word for it.