spigen glas tr slim

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pgiannini1784, Oct 6, 2014.

1. pgiannini1784 macrumors regular

Anybody get this? These people suck. Not only did I try numerous times to cancel the order, but this thing doesn't fit. Not talking about the edges like all the other glass protectors, but the actual screen itself. Not even close.

Attached Files:

2. tonlin macrumors newbie

All that delay and still a piece of garbage. When I eventually do get mine, its going straight back. So pissed at Spigen.

3. pgiannini1784 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I myself couldn't wait for it to get here so I went and got a Zagg put on. I was gonna send this one back but my wife is waiting for her 6 plus so I figured I'd keep it and put it on hers. Not gonna happen.

4. ricktat macrumors 65816

The worst part is that they have known for almost a month that these are way too small and yet they keep shipping them out. Sure they may send replacements but why are they still sending back ordered garbage.

5. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Looks like it needs to move a little to the left. Dead center, it should only fit the screen.

6. pgiannini1784 thread starter macrumors regular

Doesn't work. A little more to the left and you have the same gap on the other side.

7. TRC-WA macrumors regular

I actually thought about Spigen... Till I read their horrible ratings across numerous websites... Including this one.

In the end I decided to go with the same case manufacturer that protected my S3 and 5s... Ballistic.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ballist...=8697054&st=Ballistic iphone 6 plus&cp=1&lp=3

If it ain't broke... Why fix it? Had my 6+ in this case for a week... Love it.

8. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

I wish they only released the plastic cuts for now...so many problems with the glass with a lack of phone.

9. rGiskard macrumors 68000

rGiskard

Are those glass screen protectors any good when they fit? Do they compromise image quality or touchscreen functionality?

10. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

lightest water proof case for iphone 6?

wrong thread

11. cnick6 macrumors regular

cnick6

I'm not sure what you're smoking but it does fit over the actual display screen. It doesn't fit over the curved edges which is still misleading since you have a silly drop-off at the edge.

If placed perfectly, it *does* cover the entire pixel display.

The other negative is that they claim this is "slim" ... it doesn't seem very slim to me...

The iCarez HD Clear/Glare protector (not GLAS) is pretty good. It's not 100% coverage but it's better than the Spigen.

OP: Repeat your test with your display turned on with icons to line it up properly.

12. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I like Spigen cases, but man I'd never buy a glass protector from them. I had issues with their protectors. Never. Again.

13. kapalua12 macrumors 6502

I loved their nano version on my 5S and so bought one for my 6.

I didn't even open it, after the long delay in shipping, even though Amazon said it was available immediately. It sat in California for a few weeks after ordering it before it shipped to me. Based on the terrible reviews, it's going back. Thankfully it was purchased under Amazon Prime so I can deal with Amazon, not Spigen. Amazon is very responsive.

Is there a glass screen protector that is indeed thin that is actually a good fit for the iPhone 6?

14. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I had this screen protector and moving it over does NOT provide full coverage on the display screen. Moving it over would produce a gap on BOTH sides.

I had a generic plastic AT&T screen and my wife and son have a Zagg screen protector and they both have full coverage of the display screen.

Because I took the generic screen protector off in order to install the Spigen, I currently have nothing on the screen. I do notice the difference between the generic plastic one I had and the naked screen. My fingers seemed to not glide as smoothly with the generic one. I'm liking no protector right now until a nice glass one does come on to the market.

The GLAS.tR on my 5S was perfect, IMO. The iPhone 6 version is seriously lacking.

15. ricktat macrumors 65816

With the Zagg you get either rainbow on the left or the right no matter how well you install it because it is just a hair to thin left to right.

The Spigen is at least 1 mm thinner left to right than the Zagg.

The Spigen does not cover the display area.

If you do have one that does, it could be a revision from Spigen. But again, the fact that they are still shipping when they know they don't fit is bad business.

16. alau0115 macrumors regular

No wonder why Spigen has stopped selling this product until later this month.

They have probably used the dummy phone to design the glass protector.

The other day, I was showed by the cell shop that the width of the actual display area off the dummy iPhone is a tad different than the actual one.

It is also a reason most glass screen protectors for iPhone 6/6+ have delayed the availability until mid-Oct.

I see when you order the Spigen Glas.tR Slim for iPhone 6+, it is just a pre-order and won't be available till end of Oct/early Nov. I bet the 2nd batch is coming after so many guinea pigs (unfortunately)

17. Knliebe macrumors member

Had the same issue.

Tried 5 times over 2 weeks to cancel my order and get a full refund, they refused to email me back with a response to my order cancelation, they just kept telling me it will arrive shortly.

18. hangovernathan macrumors newbie

I think there is no glass screen protector which can completely cover the screen up so far because of the curved edges.

And I got the email from spigen about the delayed order and lack of communication. actually, I understand they're not that big company. And I've been using their product for a pretty long time. So I'll wait patiently and trust them at this time.

19. tonlin macrumors newbie

Size of company is not an excuse. You do not sell what you cannot deliver.

20. hangovernathan macrumors newbie

Yea that's true. I don't think size of the company could be an excuse.
    Just I've been a big fan of them for a long time, so I just want to wait patiently as long as I could.
    I'm not sure how long I can wait for them patiently but for now I'm doing well.

21. cnick6 macrumors regular

cnick6

I preordered the Glas way back in mid-September and tried to cancel but they shipped it anyway. I received it last week.

Just to be clear (once again) the Glas does cover the actual LCD display. If you look at the protector with the display turned on and see the edges it technically does fit. Is it perfect? Hell no. Is it acceptable? Not to me which is why I'm sending it back.

The Screenmate Glas that is coming out has full coverage but it won't work with a lot of cases including the Apple cases.

22. kapalua12 macrumors 6502

Please post the ScreenMate glass protector website link?

23. cnick6 macrumors regular

cnick6

24. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I'm sitting out down $70 to Spigen with nothing to show for it. I've sent numerous e-mails to cancel the orders to a form letter response. I just want my money back.

I usually always use a screen protector but I haven't seen one I like for the Plus. They either don't fit or they have those awful half-circle cutouts at the top and bottom - makes the screen saver look totally obvious. At this point unless something great comes along I won't be using a screen protector.

25. tonlin macrumors newbie

I have no idea what your smoking. Just got the Glas.TR now. This is the delayed, "revised" version. Definitely short 1mm on each side. Going back right away. Not impressed.