Spigen Glast.R - Not Happy

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pudcraft, Oct 6, 2014.

1. pudcraft macrumors regular

Hi all! Ordered the Spigen Glast.r from Amazon. Got here in an okay, timely fashion. However, the result is quite upsetting. It is tough to deliver a glass screen protector based on the fact that the iPhone 6 has a nice rounded glass bezels.

This protector poorly gets to it. To get started, the glass does not cover the entire screen. Just the live 'active' part. So where your bezels end, the glass ends too. Looks horrible.

At an angle, the glass looks raised and mistaken.

Application: Easy to put on, if you know which edges to align to. The live screen end is the key here. The glass will not cover the bezels. I applied mine with the screen turned on to get the right spot. White iPhones won't have this issue.

End result: Nothing i'm happy with. Again, it's tough to satisfy the curved edges but if that is the case, then I doubt i'm the one to be satisfied with a glass screen protector. It may look better with a case once my Shumuri gets in. Until then, I'm strongly pressing the return button.

Price: $15.99 off Amazon when I ordered. I would have gone for Orzly if I had the patience. This delivered faster and i settled for it.

Pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. HenryDJP macrumors 603

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Looks fine.
    I wouldn't mind that protector on my i6.
    You cant expect it to go over the rounded edges. Nothing will stick to that.

4. HenryDJP macrumors 603

It looks good. But I understand about the film not covering the screen. I've seen some other reviewers on YouTube saying that the latest screen protectors don't fully cover the new iPhones screens. Well it's better than...I hate to say nothing, but at least your screen does have some protection.

5. poorcody macrumors 6502

poorcody

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

honestly that looks as good as any other glass protect I have seen, its hard to cover the edges if its not a film(wet application) protector

7. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

That's as close as you are going to get to the edge. The glass curves down right at the end of the LCD display on the sides and right where the glass ends on the top and bottom. If it were any larger it would leave a gap and the protector would not stay flat.

You really need a case the covers the top edge of the phone. This will help to protect the screen protector and look much better.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I agree it looks bad... but as has been mentioned, that's due to the design of the phone screen itself. Prety much any screen protector is going to scream "Hey it's Sofiya THIS PHONE HAS A SCREEN PROTECTOR" now.

9. CelestialToys macrumors 6502

Is there really any need for a screen protector? I've never used one and can say that my screens have never gotten scratched or marked, and they don't protect from screen breakages either...all seems like a waste of money to me.

And that just looks plain horrible, I would imagine it feels even worse in use.

10. stasha macrumors 6502

nothing much they can do about it,apple made it hard to cover,got an email from spigen apologize ,for what i dont know

11. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

Spigen Glast.R - Not Happy

I bought the same glas.t and it's going back. The glass came chipped by the upper earpiece. On top of that, the inadequate screen coverage is exacerbated by the fact that it's so thick (the Zagg and Bodyguard Pure are the same), making the edges of the screen protector stick out even more.

I've reverted back to the traditional, thinner plastic screen protector (Spigen ultra crystal) and isn't nearly as offensive looking.