Spigen GlasTr-Slim Now Available

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Macguy76, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Macguy76 macrumors regular

Macguy76

2. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

3. Jammin702 macrumors newbie

just bought and put on a Glas.t slim on Monday :( wish i had rounded edges

4. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

You can order it from Amazon now as well, but I wonder whether the .1mm make such a big difference compared to the regular glas.tR.

5. ricktat macrumors 65816

That's what she..... no wait she didn't say that

Marketing at it's best. This way they can make sales twice a launch. Good for them.

6. Macguy76 thread starter macrumors regular

Macguy76

Just received my Slim Tr. It's nice so far. 1mm slimmer is noticeable to me. Just like normal Glas Tr, just slimmer. Not as slim as Glas T slim, but nice.

I wouldn't take off my normal TR for a slim, but as I cracked my old one, this is a "Nice" upgrade/Alternative.

I went ahead and bought all 3 along with some Aluminum Home Buttons for my iPhones.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363666285.601173.jpg

7. ZipZap macrumors 601

8. ashfall macrumors newbie

Can you take some pictures of them and compare? It may be hard to tell the difference because theyre so thin but anything would help me with my decision... please hahaha

9. AFDoc macrumors 68030

You guys are total suckers to keep buying glass t. They keep baiting you guys along... glass t sucked but they have glass tr coming!! Wait! glass t slim is coming!! Wait glass tr slim is here!!

Stopped buying from sgp after the adhesive lifted in the middle of the protector after 5 days. They sent me a new one but the edge was chipped in about a day. Come to find out it was their crappy design that caused the chip but wait! They had a rounded version coming to fix the issues. Oh what! They won't replace their crappy designed protector with their better one that's not a defective design? screw them!

Bodyguardz Pure has held up great, no chips, no adhesive issues and they have a sweet replacement program They get my money now, not crap T.

10. iKaushal macrumors 6502

iKaushal

Just installed glas.tr a few days back and now look what has come :p

11. ashfall macrumors newbie

So how is it you guys?? Is it worth getting? i just got their saturn case and wondering if the TR slim is worth getting or the T slim

12. jeepik macrumors regular

I love mine..it feels much smoother then the iphone unprotected screen and no smudges is a nice bonus

13. vamos, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013

vamos macrumors newbie

can anyone compare it to t slim or old tR? is t slim less prone to chipping than old t?

14. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

glass is glass is glass is glass..

it will chip, unless you protect it.

Its not as durable as the glass thats already on the iphone, so it wil be prone to chipping/cracking as much as a piece of regular glass would.

Personally, its a nice alternative to screen protectors, as they really nailed the oleophobic feel. loved it.

but at the end of the day, it scratches easily, and it chips/cracks easily.

I went back to screen protectors (sgp fine) and im content.

They are good for the folks who are willing to pay a little extra for aesthetically and physically appealing features it provides, and will pay a little extra to buy an additional one after the first one chips/cracks/scratched.

thats my two cents.

15. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

notsureifsrs

It immensely less prone to scratches than plastic ones.

Also, I'd rather have the glass crack than the screen crack. Plastic screen protectors have little to now protection from cracking the screen, at least compared to glass screen protectors.

16. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

well from my experience, three of mines scratched up pretty quick. given, its because I sometimes put my keys in the pocket with it, or I lay it on a gritty surface or something, but I'd rather that happen to a cheap screen protector than a premium piece of glass for top $.

But your right, it adds that added protection, I forgot to put that in my post.

17. scott523 macrumors 6502a

Anyone think that they'll make a slim version for the 4S? Or is it time to move onto the 5?

18. wxman2003 Suspended

Sorry you have such problems. Have the Glas.tR on mine for over 2 months now. Not a problem. No scratches, no adhesive problems. Perfecto. Mucho perfecto. I don't have the Pure, but can't imagine it being as good or better than the Glas.tR.

19. AFDoc macrumors 68030

The fact that bodyguardz didn't come out with a defective product and THEN replace it with a non defective product makes it better. When a company does crap like spg did, they won't get another penny of my money. IF you put out a product with a defective design, you replace those defective items with a non defective one, you don't continue to sell a jacked design.

20. AFDoc macrumors 68030

LoL yeah... they put out a product (and still sell the product) that chips easily and THAT is why they came out with the Glass Tr. YEah, BG is so old news that they made the product correct the FIRST time, no need to make a new "better" version that doesn't chip when laid down on a table.

Keep dishing them your dollars, their laughing all the way to the bank!

21. windowwasher macrumors newbie

They're*

You need to chill man... after going through threads its clear spigen makes the superior product.

22. Minhthien macrumors 6502

Apple replaced my iphone 5 like four times and I still use the same BG's Pure. The glue still holding up very well!