Spigen iPhone 6 Case Tough Armor

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2007
I have it for the 6+, it's a nice case, I just wish the lip was a bit bigger in the front to protect the screen from a face down fall.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati OH
I got the one with the kickstand. I'm not a fan of the buttons on the case and it adds a fair amount of weight but otherwise seems nice.

syclick

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2009
I have it for the 6+, it's a nice case, I just wish the lip was a bit bigger in the front to protect the screen from a face down fall.
This has put me off this case as well. In the two years I've had my iPhone 5, my Speck Candyshell case has thankfully saved my phone from a number of face-first falls. I'm not sure I could count on this case to do the same, given the minimal lip.

sluggozmom

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2011
Massachusetts
I have the gunmetal and the gold on my space gray 6, I switch back and forth.
My phone tends to fall out of my shirt pocket every so often... It's done it's job. I'm very happy with the protection.
I had a couple of these on my 5 as well... Great case for short money :cool:

Norsk

macrumors member
May 11, 2010
I had the Smooth Black Spigen Tough Armor case for 5 days and I wasn't happy with it. It's not the same as the iphone 5 case I had.

The top corners kept popping out when I pull 6 out of my pocket and the sides of the case are not that tight as the 5 case was. And there's the lack of lip surrounding the screen. I have Apple Leather Case as temp, it provides more lip than the STA does. Disappointing.

Last edited:

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
The black version is the most classy if you have a space gray phone, in my opinion. Get one, and hope Spigen will be able to cope with your order.

titans1127

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2009
I wound up returning mine due to not liking how it felt in the hand. Just too boxy so I couldn't 1 hand it like with the apple leather case. That and the lack of a lip for a case that claims to be "tough"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.