Spigen Neo Hybrid Ex bumper case on 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AllergyDoc, Oct 3, 2014.

1. AllergyDoc, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014

AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

This case arrived before my phone did, and sat by itself for a couple of restless days before it could be used. I think I paid $20 for it. It's "dual layer," which means there's a soft inner lining under a hard plastic bumper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Impressions: It has a quality feel to it because of the hard bumper. There's plenty of lip on the front to protect the screen when laying screen-down. It shows off most of the phone. I like the color, nice and vibrant.

As for negatives, it's not real grippy and takes a bit of getting used to. It's not exactly slippery, but not real grippy, either. Lint and dust can easily get in the ports on the bottom of the phone.

Link to the Amazon page.

* Photos were taken quickly with my Nikon D3300 and lightly edited in iPhotos, on my rMBP running Yosemite Beta 4.

Edit to add: The buttons were awful at first. But I was aware of the issue and that a fix was on the way. The fix consisted of tiny thin plastic strips, with adhesive on one side, that affixed to the inside of the plastic pieces that sit over the phone buttons. They did the job and the buttons are about 98%. (One button is just a tad soft.)

2. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I got mine two days ago and absolutely love it. Was thinking about getting a yellow one eventually too. I LOVE the textured back and the bumper part makes it feel secure. However, I consider this more of a sleek case that really only prevents scratches. I have the other one too that is all metal and I think that looks even better but it reduces your cell signal.

----------

Oh and my buttons work great. By the way why didn't you include a picture of the back?

3. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I received mine before launch day. Nice bumper, but not grippy enough for me. I have the bumper for my old iPhone 5S and it was more grippy.

4. Advil macrumors 6502a

i really wanted the red one but got the gunmetal since it was the only one in stock. great case. this is the longest i've had a case on without giving up on it and going naked. i wish i could buy different colored bumpers without having to buy a whole new case

5. jayrflow macrumors 6502

Spigen sells them but they usually wait a few months. I remember getting the slim armor and neo hybrid for my 5S and they sold the bumpers separately after a few months of selling the case