Spigen Neo Hybrid EX Slim Vivid on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by metalfab, Jan 17, 2013.

1. metalfab macrumors newbie

Just picked up the Spigen Neo Hybrid EX Slim Vivid (black on black) bumper for my 5. I have to say I like the fit and the 2 piece design; the rubber wrap and then the plastic band that seats into it. Very low profile and light weight. From my guess the front and back are raised about 1/16" so the clearance should be enough to keep either side from touching the majority of surfaces you may put the phone on. It comes with a screen protector and cleaning cloth (not shown in photos below).

Here are a couple of photos (and yes, my matte screen protector is lifting up and needed to be re-applied.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tsturbo macrumors regular

tsturbo

Had the exact same color combo, then I got my ultra thin air and sent back the ex slim, nice case though, just like the minimalist size of the ultra thin air better.

3. metalfab, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013

metalfab thread starter macrumors newbie

The Spigen Neo Hybrid EX Slim Vivid bumper I picked up is terrible. The power and volume buttons do not line-up as they should. Maybe it was a bad batch but you literally have to press with so much force it feels like you might rip the material. Another thing is the bumper does not wrap around the back and front as much as it should. I'll see about returning it to the place where I bought it for a refund or send it directly to Spigen themselves.

Just came back from BestBuy with a Tech21 bumper which is vastly better. I'll post photos in the case section in a few minutes.

4. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145