Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal vs regular Neo Hybrid?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by xXxDieselxXx, Sep 15, 2014.

1. xXxDieselxXx macrumors member

Anyone experienced both?

I want to buy the Neo Hybrid but I have no idea what to expect.

Metal or not?

What's your experience?

2. tatltael macrumors newbie

The metal one has a big hole in the middle so that rules it out for me.
    I'm thinking hybrid should feel better too with its rounded edges.

3. Biggs91276 macrumors regular

Biggs91276

Just received my neo hybrid in the mail. Really slim design and feels great in the hand. Also has metal power and volume buttons

4. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

I'm looking forward to your report on the metal verses non-metal. I would buy the metal now if I knew it does not affect the signal. Could you please compare the two cases you prefer looking at signal bars with each installed at the same time (as close as possible) and location.

5. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

It's really look. The metal has a more professional look to it.

6. syclick macrumors regular

This worries me. The case buttons make contact with the phone buttons. I'd think this would cause some scraping...?

7. Biggs91276 macrumors regular

Biggs91276

Inside of the metal buttons there are rubber inserts in them to protect the real buttons on the iPhone

8. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I have the Neo Hybrid for the 5S and for the 6(4.7). I also am waiting for the Neo Metsl to come as well. I also just got the Air skin which is just about as thin as a Caudabe Veil.

With regards to the Neo Hybrid, it does feel a little bit on the cheap side. I bought the Red version and returned it because it was way too glossy. I exchanged it for the Champaign Gold. For some reason the plastic sides of the iPhone 6 version don't feel as quality as the iPhone 5 version. It could be because there is actually less plastic covering the sides. If the Neo Metal doesn't give me problems with signal, I'll keep it along with the Airskin and return the Neo plastic.

9. LxHunter macrumors 6502

I had the same question.
    I ordered both for iPhone 6+
    The Neo is on the way to me.
    The Neo Metal expected to ship Sep 30.
    I plan to try swapping bumpers.
    Don't like the hole in the back

10. clads01 macrumors member

I don't have them both (I only bought the regular Neo Hybrid). I was just providing a link to a post in the thread started by someone who has them both. I would probably suggest moving this discussion there.

EDIT: link to relevant thread --

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1772612

11. zapbranighan macrumors newbie

I emailed Spigen about swapping bumpers. They said that you won't be able to swap bumpers between the Neo Hybrid and Neo Hybrid Metal. Too bad. I was thinking of doing the same thing.

12. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Like the look of the metal better, but hate the apple logo cutout. Too bad you can't swap bumpers. The buttons are slightly different on both cases.