Spigen Neo Hybrid question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by missygal, Aug 7, 2014.

1. missygal Guest

missygal

Is this case the same material as a Speck or like Belkin! I want to order one but wanted to know this first...

Thank you

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Are you talking about the black part? Then that would be no. I have two of their cases and it's not that hard plastic. I just cleaned a friends 5c who has a Belkin case. I know they don't take it off, but the case got scratched anyway. There was some dust trapped behind it. So far with my Spigen, I haven't seen any scratches on the back. So again the answer would be know. I think you will like the Spigen cases. Check out the Ultra Hybrid too.

I bought mine after seeing this guy's reviews.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTvTYZfSmaI

3. jpadhiyar macrumors regular

In my point of view, it's really better than Belkin Speck. Neo Hybrid is revolutionized bumper case. The dual layer of the case maintains a clean and simple look while providing all-around protection.

What I like the most about this case is the slim profile and metalized buttons enhance the iPhone's overall design and the interchangeable frames can be used for a personal customized look.

4. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

The bumper/outer ring is hard plastic like the Speck Candyshells.

The black case itself is TPU, like the Belkin Grip Candy. Kinda like a softer plastic, or hard rubber. It's slightly pliable.

They're nice cases, but some find them a bit slippery.

5. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Both the outer plastic and the inner TPU are different from the Speck. The speck has a gummy/sticky TPU and the shell is a thin plastic prone to scratches.

The TPU on the Spigen is more like a smooth/matte material, and the plastic is also matte and not as prone to scratches.