Spigen Neo Hybrid Vs. Apple Silicone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by I_am_a_loser, Oct 23, 2015.

1. I_am_a_loser macrumors regular

$35 is about as much as I think I want to spend on a case. I'm not particularly clumsy, so therefore feel I can skip on the Otterbox's and Lifeproof's of the world. I've narrowed it down to these two. I love the Spigen as the metal wraparound band gives the feeling of almost using the phone nude, while the Apple silicone case is just simple and understated, yet classy. Anyone have either of these on their 6s? If so, thoughts?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445586891.679155.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445586906.346004.jpg

2. I_am_a_loser thread starter macrumors regular

My long shot third place case choice is the Trident Aegis as, it too, is right in my wheelhouse of $35.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445587424.247595.jpg

3. cheesyappleuser macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

Of those two I'd definitely buy the Neo Hybrid. I hate Apple's cases.
    But why not consider the new Neo Hybrid Carbon?

4. enivree macrumors newbie

I have the neo hybrid in gunmetal, love it very much.
    One thing to note is that it does not fit the apple dock as the bottom does not have an open cutout.

5. I_am_a_loser thread starter macrumors regular

Ended up going with the Neo Hybrid. For $35 it provides adequate protection over simply a silicone case for the same price.

6. I_am_a_loser thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for this. Not gonna be using the dock so I'm good on that front.

7. susa macrumors regular

I did quite abit of looking around and went with the Spiegan Neo Hybrid Ex for the same reason. Low key look and protection on the most vulnerable parts. And it has a lot of great reviews on Amazon. Got the Jetech screen protector to finish it off, though I can't comment on that - I've had my 6s for awhile, but haven't decided on a carrier yet :/ The protectors will go on then.

8. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I'm not clumsy but I've dropped my Spigen case several times and not one scratch. Those silicone cases tend to trap dust/dirt. I would go with Spigen. Sign up to receive emails because they will have deal advertised soon.

9. Henno89 macrumors newbie

The Neo Hybrid looks nice and its available for 11€ on Amazon here in germany.

So, does this case really not work in combination with the Apple lightning dock?

What would be a similar alternative which provides a full protection and is of a nice building quality? I already considered the Apple silicone case, but im not convinced due to the open unprotected bottom.

10. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I have two of the Spigen NeoHybrid cases. I put a glass screen protector on it. This way I have full coverage. I'm not sure if it works with the dock but it works with the cable and most of my headphones. I don't like those Lifeproof cases because you have to take them off sometimes or find the right cables to fit. One of my spigen cases I have to use a headphone adapter which is cool. But other than that I'm happy with them. I get a lot of complements. Often my friends will ask me if I got a new case because they do still look new.

11. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I think the Incipio NGP is superior to both (and cheaper than both).
    image.jpeg

12. wepiii macrumors 6502