Spigen Neo Hybrid

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Faded1984, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Faded1984 macrumors member

There used to be a lot of love for these cases for the previous iPhone but everything seems to have gone a bit quiet on the case for the iPhone 6/6+.

Does anyone have it and would you recommend it?

2. area52 macrumors newbie

I have it and use it as my primary case. I have none of the signal issues that others so adamantly insisted exist. In my opinion it doesn't add too much bulk and has just enough grip.

3. yui4 macrumors 6502

I have it. I prefer my zoogue case for general use but the neo hybrid offers a bit more protection if I'm out and about. It's the only case that offers decent drop protection that also allows me to use a full edge to edge glass screen protector without lifting it anywhere.

4. Testing12 macrumors newbie

I have a Neo Hybrid Metal (red) which I like very much on my 6 Plus.
    Right now, it's my only case.

5. area52 macrumors newbie

Which screen protector are you using? I was thinking about picking up and edge to edge glass but saw all the negatives about the lifting with the cases

6. hangovernathan macrumors newbie

I really like the Neo Hybrid for my iPhone 6 Plus.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      64.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      56 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      56.7 KB
      Views:
  7. yui4 macrumors 6502

I used the ESR, mentioned in one of the threads. I had no issue with figment at all. The neo hybrid leaves most of the screen on show. As the edge to edge are all basically the same, coverage wise, I don't think any would give any grief

The ESR fitted near enough perfectly in the screen space left by the neo hybrid

8. mrgossett macrumors 6502

I just re-bought this case for my iPhone 6 after buying and returning it last fall because of what I thought was signal degradation. I'm not seeing any wifi speed differences with and without the case now, and only a little difference, if any, in cellular speeds. The Neo Hybrid Metal case is without a doubt one of the best-looking iPhone 6 cases out there. The buttons are super-responsive, and it keeps the slim form factor. This one is a keeper.

9. Femme macrumors regular

I have the updated version and it is the best case I've ever used. Cheap pricing for such a high quality product. My phone fell from a front desk height and my phone bounced. Buttons are super clicky...satisfyingly clicky and what I love about it most is that it shows off the curved design of the screen where it makes that glossy and attractive reflection while still protecting the screen. 4 months in and the case still looks brand new.

10. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

What exactly has been updated with this case? I know they fixed the button issue but that was a while ago.

11. technosix macrumors 6502a

I agree.

Spigen has become one of the best, with consistently high quality, excellent fit and very good prices when purchased at a discount through Amazon.

I have one of each model for variety. They fit my iPhones 6 and 6 Plus perfectly.

12. BensonTT macrumors regular

BensonTT

This case makes the iPhone 6 plus freaking huge! I hate it

13. skiltrip macrumors 68030

The size blame can be attributed more to the phone than to the case.

14. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

No. The case just pushes the width of the phone to an uncomfortable width.

I'm fine with the naked phone. Also fine with the Apple Leather Case. But for some reason, when I put on the Spigen, it just makes it hard to hold with one hand.

15. BensonTT macrumors regular

BensonTT

Exactly how I feel! Right on brother :)

16. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Do you know of any edge to edge glass screen protectors on the market ??? :confused:

17. capandjudy macrumors member

capandjudy

Issues Fixed?

I thought that there were a lot of reported problems with this case i.e. buttons not working right and the plastic outer band breaking. Has these issues been fixed?

18. mrgossett macrumors 6502

That was/is true for the standard Neo Hybrid case with a plastic bumper/band. I have the Neo Hybrid Metal case.

19. Tgrey macrumors member

I think they are fixed. Buttons are the best among all cases now. But this case is too flimsy, i still don't like it

20. yui4 macrumors 6502

Does the metal band work with the original neo hybrid rubber case? I don't like the cutout in the metal versions rubber case

21. Tgrey macrumors member

Try jetech case, same style, but it's much better looking and quality imo

22. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

No, although I wish it did.

23. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

Love mine. But I had to get a replacement because the plastic outer band snapped after taking it off a few times. Weak point around vibrate toggle switch. They sent me a new case and I haven't taken it off since getting it because I don't want it to break again. But I love the case. The new one doesn't have the button issue. The only other issue though is that it's near impossible to use the vibrate switch. I have to use a credit card or something similar to toggle vibrate off. I have a 6.

24. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

I loved mine for the 5/5S. Worth getting for the 6?

25. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I agree completely. Makes the phone feel huge and very hard to hold.