Spigen stand update

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by kodaker, May 27, 2015.

1. kodaker macrumors member

I like my Spigen stand except that it is so lightweight it moves around as I put the watch on and off of it. I had a piece of marble from an old desk pen stand that is close to the size of the stand so I removed the original rubber feet from the Spigen and epoxied the marble to the bottom and then added a small piece of rubber drawer liner to the bottom of the marble and now it's as steady as a rock.

Attached Files:

2. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

3. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

That looks clunky, but mission accomplished! It is very light indeed!

4. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Your solution looks really nice -- thanks for sharing it with us!

Just to offer a different point of view, even though the stand is very light, it doesn't pose a problem for me. I still find it very easy to put my watch on the stand and take it off. Not knocking the OP, just offering my take on how it works for me.

5. Glene, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015

Glene macrumors 6502

Same here, I'm using it on the road for a month, never a problem getting it clicked on with one hand on bed table. At home, the mophie is my permanent stand.

6. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

I'm just going to use double-sided tape (carpet tape) on the bottom to keep it from moving around on the bedside table. No need to add weight. :)

7. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

I bought a strip of micro suction tape and secured the stand to my desk that way. The stand itself is so light that the charging cable would move it.