Spigen Steinheil FlexHD Screen Protector

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
I ordered and received the Spigen Steinheil FlexHD Screen Protector for my iPhone 6 Plus today.

I am usually a tempered glass screen protector person, but since I'm not happy with any of those options yet, I decided to go against my better judgement and give this a try. I should have stuck to my gut.

I HATE this screen shield. I hated it so much, I didn't even bother to take a photo for you guys before I ripped it off my phone. Wet installs always drove me nuts, as my impatience wouldn't allow me to look through a newton ring filled screen of rainbow ugliness waiting for 2 days in the hope that is clears up and disappears. It instantly made the screen look like an old 3G screen.

I could not peel it off fast enough. I did install it correctly, with no dust, and perfectly straight. Coverage was edge to edge, it was smooth with a slight "orange peel" look but honestly, one of the best I've seen in that regard.

The box comes with 2 shields, so there's that... Anyway, not for me. I'll keep an eye out for glass or an oleophobic shied. I LOVE the feeling of the glass, this is just too tacky feeling.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
So you're saying it might have been good if you left it to dry? :p
Hahaha, exactly! If your impatient like me, this will drive you insane. I like instant satisfaction, and for minds like mine, this is no bueno.

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Hahaha, exactly! If your impatient like me, this will drive you insane. I like instant satisfaction, and for minds like mine, this is no bueno.
Good cutouts though?

I'll probably just get a zagg glass one to be honest, seems like the best.

christewart

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2014
I'm debating b/w the Flex and glass screen protector.
Is it hard to install to the screen ?
It looks really good but I'm not sure if it will be good for me who are not poor at installing like this.