Spigen Steinheil FlexHD Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Daremo, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I ordered and received the Spigen Steinheil FlexHD Screen Protector for my iPhone 6 Plus today.

I am usually a tempered glass screen protector person, but since I'm not happy with any of those options yet, I decided to go against my better judgement and give this a try. I should have stuck to my gut.

I HATE this screen shield. I hated it so much, I didn't even bother to take a photo for you guys before I ripped it off my phone. Wet installs always drove me nuts, as my impatience wouldn't allow me to look through a newton ring filled screen of rainbow ugliness waiting for 2 days in the hope that is clears up and disappears. It instantly made the screen look like an old 3G screen.

I could not peel it off fast enough. I did install it correctly, with no dust, and perfectly straight. Coverage was edge to edge, it was smooth with a slight "orange peel" look but honestly, one of the best I've seen in that regard.

The box comes with 2 shields, so there's that... Anyway, not for me. I'll keep an eye out for glass or an oleophobic shied. I LOVE the feeling of the glass, this is just too tacky feeling.

2. Jazper macrumors 6502a

So you're saying it might have been good if you left it to dry? :p

3. Daremo thread starter macrumors 68000

Daremo

Hahaha, exactly! If your impatient like me, this will drive you insane. I like instant satisfaction, and for minds like mine, this is no bueno.

4. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Good cutouts though?

I'll probably just get a zagg glass one to be honest, seems like the best.

5. Daremo thread starter macrumors 68000

Daremo

Actually, yes. The cut outs are perfect.

6. christewart macrumors newbie

I'm debating b/w the Flex and glass screen protector.
    Is it hard to install to the screen ?
    It looks really good but I'm not sure if it will be good for me who are not poor at installing like this.