Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
Is anyone using an Ultra Hybrid with the flush style buttons that aren't raised at all? There are little embossed symbols and the PWR on the power, but they are pretty hard to feel in the dark, low light, or while in your pocket.

I really love this case otherwise. Anyone else wish this thing had some raised buttons?

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
Buy the Spigen case with protruding buttons if you don't like yours. I use lots of different Spigen models and enjoy them all. Flush buttons are my favorite because I don't push them sliding the phone in my pocket.

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
Have the clear version and don't really like the feel of the buttons. No tactile clicking sound like the other cases such as the Speck Candyshell Grip.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
Spigen Ultra Hybrid and it's flush buttons.

Have the clear version and don't really like the feel of the buttons. No tactile clicking sound like the other cases such as the Speck Candyshell Grip.

I definitely get the click with the Ultra Hybrid, I just can't find the buttons all the time without looking. I often misjudge the volume keys and turn it up when I mean to turn down the volume. I dare say I am getting a little better at it now.

Last edited:

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
I definitely get the click with the Ultra Hybrid, I just can't find the buttons all the time without looking. I often misjudge the volume keys and turn it up when I mean to turn down the volume.

Yeah, there is a click but a bit on the stiff side. Have you tried other cases to compare?

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
Yeah, there is a click but a bit on the stiff side. Have you tried other cases to compare?

I don't find them particularly stiff either. I've owned an Apple Silicone, a couple generic cheapo TPU cases, and this one. The Ultra Hybrid is about the same as the Apple case in regards to clickiness. It does look cool though...

02e4d358b702033bc98fd3d3ac50baba.jpg

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
I also have another clear Spigen case and the buttons are hard to find without looking at it. I ended up with the Speck Candyshell Grip and the raised buttons are soooo easy to click when I want it to.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
I just got a Luvvitt Clearview. It's basically everything I love about the Ultra Hybrid, but fixes everything I don't like. Most importantly, the buttons are raised. Also, the "sharp" edges where the TPU meets the polycarbonate, and on the lip, are not present on the Luvvitt. It's smooth all around.
I'll keep the Ultra Hybrid aa a backup, but the Luvvitt Clearview is now on my phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.