Spigen Ultra Hybrid

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Psycho Mantis, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Psycho Mantis macrumors member

http://amzn.com/B00E486Q9I

I didn't see any announcement from Spigen about this, nor is it on their website. Just stumbled on it while browsing from Amazon. I think it looks pretty nice and simple, I'm liking the side TPU that they took from the Tough Armor.

It's not released yet though. :D

[​IMG]

2. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

3. Enforce macrumors regular

Enforce

This definitely looks like a slimmed down version of the tough armor :)

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

It also looks like a finger print kind of surface.

5. christof macrumors 6502

$13 on Amazon seems like an awesome deal. I picked up one black and one grey.

6. gcrr macrumors regular

I ordered the Tough Armor, Ultra Hybrid, and the Slim Armor.

7. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

And seems like it would scratch if you looked at it wrong. Don't get me wrong, killer deal, and great looking case, but those clear backs scratch so bloody easy

8. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

If the back is frosted as opposed to clear, I'd be all over this.

9. christof macrumors 6502

SPIGEN lowered the price to $11 from $13. It appears that they also provide free shipping now.

10. Legends20036 macrumors member

Ordered this case Saturday and it arrived today and the act of putting my phone into the case caused large scratches on the back cover at both the top and bottom. I was careful putting it on but within 30 seconds of opening the case it looked like it had been used for a year already. Except for this I like the case, nice size and looks good on the phone overall.

11. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

ehhh now I'm really skeptical i ordered mine yesterday and its coming tomorrow, can you post some pics?

12. Legends20036 macrumors member

With the clear back it is hard to get the camera to focus on it but here is a picture of the bottom corner. There is also one that runs the whole horizontally most ofmthe length of the bottom but i couldn't get a picture to show it. Just be VERY careful putting the phone in the case.

Attached Files:

13. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

These clear cases always end up scratching your iPhone and look horrible after a week.

14. Birdmanrsx macrumors newbie

Ummm just curious but did you bother to remove the thin plastic film that comes on both the inside and outside of this case...... Just saying.....

[​IMG]

15. Savvy912 macrumors newbie

Yeah, that looks to be the issue. Check it out and let me know as I would like to order this case for a hands on comparison between this and the Tough Armor

16. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

My Ultra Hybrid came in yesterday. I had the Tough Armor on my 5 and I liked it but I was looking for a clear back. 1st off, I got it for only $10 on amazon. Good deal.

I can upload pics later if you guys want, but the basic difference is the thickness. Its probably a few mm thinner but still feels sturdy like the Tough Armor. If you like the buttons on the Tough Armor (like me) and you want something a little lighter/thinner, I highly suggest giving this case a try.

17. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

i'm getting mine today...

I really could not find any clear cases that has the rubber sides like Spigen.

Most of the ones I found were clear all around

I bought a full body invisible shield just so I can put the back protector on the back of the case :D

18. junebug1 macrumors regular

Happen to stumble across this thread after just getting this in the mail from Amazon yesterday and wanted to offer another opinion. The case is awesome. Super slim but clearly durable. Best part hands down are the built in buttons. For $11 I don't see how you can beat this case. Couldn't be happier with it. I'll add a few shots of it installed tomorrow.

19. sucka free macrumors member

I had a similar case on my 4s but it was a belken.
    I loved it, but after about a week, that back glass was scratched to hell.
    Let us know how this one hold up

20. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

if you're OCD like me, you'll buy 2 back screen protectors and cut it to shape, then apply it to the back and inside of the case :D

I just applied a Zagg on the back, and waiting for a custom cut from Spigen to apply to the inside :)

I want my GOLD to shine without the hideous scratches :)

21. Legends20036 macrumors member

Yes, I removed the plastic. And both cases I have gotten scuffed within two days of use.

22. mike1111 macrumors member

Custom cut?

23. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

anyone have issues with people not being able to hear you with this case?

people are having difficult hearing me, but when I take off the case, it's fine..

hmm...

24. DizzyV6P macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

I just received the Café Brown version of this case. I took off the clear plastic wrap on both sides of the case and it looks great!

The Café Brown does not match the exact color of the gold iphone. It's actually a slightly darker gold/brown than the gold of the iphone but it complements it very well.

I'll post pictures of the case and phone later.

25. joeluken macrumors member

I've had two of these cases in black. The second was free due to poor quality of the first but was pretty much the same. Both had nasty pit mark on the lower corner from the moulding process.

The clear back is very easy to scratch and matte finish on the bumper wears quickly.