Spigen Ultra Hybrid

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TurkXtreme, Nov 19, 2014.

1. TurkXtreme macrumors member

TurkXtreme

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

I have the clear version and I'm not keen on it. It's too bulky for one thing and parts covering the volume and on/off buttons are stiff. I replaced it with another case which is slimmer and doesn't have the same issue regards the buttons.

3. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I have the all clear one, I love it. My second favorite case and it's holding up well, no yellowing or anything

4. Biggs91276 macrumors regular

Biggs91276

I have the gunmetal version and I like it a lot. Shows off the back of the phone fits in my platinum series holster and also fits with my iloome screen protector so I'm quite happy!

5. venom600 macrumors 6502a

This. I keep looking for a better case and haven't found one. It's the best blend of style, protection, and usability.

6. Lux12 macrumors member

I was going to get this case until i heard about the buttons being hard to press.

7. Biggs91276 macrumors regular

Biggs91276

Actually the buttons are not that hard to press and I kept the stabilizers from when I had the neo hybrid and used them and now the buttons are very clicky and work well.

8. LeDave952 macrumors newbie

My cousin and dad got the "gold" one. Looks gold in photo but was actually bright brown when it arrived, however they didn't mind.

9. dtao819 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how this case compares to the Ringke Fusion (aside from the port covers) and the i-Blason iPhone 6/Plus case?

10. Ann P macrumors 68020

Spigen Ultra Hybrid

Ringke is bulkier than the Spigen and i-Blason, both of which are very similar. Also, Ringke's version is a glossy material whereas the other two are matte. I prefer the i-Blason because of the form factor and buttons are easier to press.

11. phillyi macrumors member

I have this case in black. This has been my favorite case so far...had it on my 5 and now have it on my 6. The design is nice and overall the case is thin so it doesnt feel bulky whatsoever. Also,the buttons are not difficult to press just wish they where a little more defined like they were on the 5.

Just be sure to take off the protective stickers on the inside and outside of the case which make the back appear scratched/cloudy when its actually not.

12. presto619 macrumors newbie

what slimmer case did you switch to? I'm having the same issue with my clear ultra hybrid. Thanks

13. dtao819 macrumors newbie

Is the Ringke bulkier because of the thicker front lip? Or is the material throughout the entire case just thicker overall making it bulkier than the Spigen and i-Blason?

14. TurkXtreme thread starter macrumors member

TurkXtreme

thanks for your repllies. i think i am going to get one for my plus.

15. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I particularly like their "air cushion" on the edges, leaves some extra protection on a drop.

16. Mr.C macrumors 601

They are hard to press and shouldn't be so nor should you have to modify the case by using inserts to fix the issue. The design should have been better in the first place.

----------

The buttons are hard to press and it is bulkier then some other similar type cases. Personally I don't like the lip along the sides.

----------

I very much doubt that's going to provide any sort of protection on a drop.

----------

I'm using this one currently.

http://www.canaloo.com/collections/iphone-6-touch-skin

17. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

I have the clear one and love it ! If you turn on the flash for notifications then it lightens up all around when the phone rings ��