Spigen - UPDATE & Apologies...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Xultar, May 4, 2012.

1. Xultar, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012

Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

This is what I received in an email....
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    We’ve sent the images to our manufacturers,
    And they have notified us that in order for us to release another replacement, we do need to receive both of the Glas.t defects first because this is the second incident and it is rare that a replacement piece would be a defected unit as well.

So we do need to ask you to return both the pieces if you do have the original Glas.t defect. We can reimburse you if you ship it to us using First-Class International, or give you a pre-paid label for your convenience.

We do apologize for this inconvenience, but we do appreciate your patience and cooperation.
    Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
    ------

Long story short. I bought one Glass t and I didn't like it because my install had a few specs of dust under it. So, I trashed it and bought an new one. It was my mistake but I liked the product.

The new install went well no dust but the sides never adhered.

I contacted them and sent photos. They sent a replacement. Great!!!

I put the replacement on, no issues with install, no dust...perfect. But, after a month it started to peel up on the top corners...not from the edge in but from a center point out. It started on a Friday with a tiny spot, then grew to three by the next week both corners had bubbled up from the center of the spots out...the edges are still down. I sent them a note, and they said for them to send me a replacement I need to send them this one...and the one from before. WHO is going to keep the one from before? :confused::mad:

They are playing games :mad: and I don't appreciate people playing games with me.

In my family we have 1 iPad 1, 3 iPad 2, 1 new iPad, one Mac book air and 3 iPhones. And just yesterday I purchased a UO for my new iPad from them (it is being returned).

I wanted to like Spigen but I don't appreciate people playing games. If I make a mistake I own up to it and take responsibility. But don't expect Spigen to do the same. That is my experience with them. Yours may be different.

But I'd caution purchasing such an expensive screen protector from them because if they are having issues with manufacturing you'll end up being the sucker.

There are no fingerprints under the glass and no dust. Man I loved the Glass t

[​IMG]

UPDATE

I've been in contact with Spigen. They realized that I was not told to keep the previous screen protector. They are requesting that I send my current one in to receive a replacement. I have no problems with that.

I am trying to figure out a way to send it without impacting the defect. IF any of you have any ideas on how I can do that please let me know.

I will not request reimbursement or credit for sending in my old one. IT isn't going to be that much or that big of a deal. I did ask them to keep me informed of the defect resolution on their side. I really like the Glass t I'd like to do it for my mom's iphone because she doesn't use a case but she wears earrings and doesn't want to scratch her screen up.

I also offered to send them video of how I install my replacement so they can see if I am unknowingly creating the defect. I also told them I would send them more video of the defect because when I press it in the center it doesn't even stick for a second. I hope they fix their manufacturing problem with these. They are a great idea for iPhone...I don't know about for iPad.

I feel comfortable with them and I will continue to purchase other products from them. I will not buy any more Glass t until I hear from them about their resolution to the current defect.

APOLOGIES...
    I've been having a tough week, long story from a car accident in which my 6 month old car was not fully repaired which caused further issues. After dealing with insurance companies and body shops trying to tell me nothing bad could happen from them not plugging in the engine two fans I wasn't in the mood for dealing with people trying to take me for a sucker.

2. henrylkr macrumors member

That is not playing games, that is being cautious. Many people use this as a way to get free stuff for stuff that is falsely said to be defected.

If you don't have the first piece, just reply so in an email to them. Did you even do that before coming on a forum and bitching about it?

I understand where you're coming from, but you should also trry to understand where Spigen is coming from. Their CS is actually pretty good.

3. GAUG3 macrumors member

Spigen is probably saying, "Xultar is playing games :mad: and I don't appreciate people playing games with me."

They are just making sure nobody is scamming.

4. Xultar, May 4, 2012

Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I was going to post more photos but Photobucket compresses so much it is totally redic.

It is just we live in such a get over on anyone you can society.

I try to be honest and have fun life is too short for schemes and games. I just want to enjoy my gadgets. I rarely ask for refunds and replacements ever. But I have got to start taking up for myself.

I just feel like people are trying to make me a sucker and I'm so sick of it.

That is why I'm saying be cautious of the Glass T. Because their iPad UO are excellent. I didn't say not to buy from them, just be warned.

5. Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

You are correct. I'm just so disappointed and angry. Man I loved their stuff. Their iPad anti glare UO is off the chart. I love the concept of the Glass t. I guess I'm more upset that I can't continue to get stuff from them. I still have the screen protector for my Mac to get and I wanted a wallet case for my iPhone. :(

6. Anthony81586 macrumors regular

Plus they gave you no issue with the first replacement. I see nothing fishy here.

7. Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

But asking for the old one and this one? That is game playing. Who is going to keep the old one. It broke when I took it off.

No one except the rare soul is going to keep old Broken glass screen protectors lying around. And for goodness sake it isn't like I knew I was going to have an issue so I should have kept it...

It is just a game they play so they don't have too. I sent them newer photos clearer photos. I was going to post here but photo bucket compresses them too much.

8. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

I used to love SGP screen protectors until my most recent Oleophobic set.

They had absolutely zero oleophobic properties unlike previous ones. Plus their shipping takes forever.

But in your case I don't see anything fishy.

9. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

I had a neo hybrid matte. Loved it. But after a few months he back silicone started sagging. I emailed and asked for a replacement. They said they couldn't give me one as I'd not bought it from the online store direct.

I'd bought it from their amazon uk store.

All you can do is vote with your feet and not buy sgp products in future.

I'd love a glas.t but know I anything went wrong they'd do nothing. Plus £22 is a lot for a screen protector.

I've been using media devil screen protectors for a while now. Fitted a crystal one last week. Corner refuse to stick. Emailed them. They apologised and sent a replacement. I offered to pay but they declined.

10. takeshi74 macrumors 601

^ This. OP hasn't answered for some reason.

11. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Go get 'em!

12. Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I usually ignore accusatory posts.

13. GalvaJ, May 4, 2012

GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

They're trying to help you but they have to be sure they're not being played either. No need to make a big deal out of it.

14. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

FWIW, Zagg also asks you send back all defective or invisible shields that need to be replaced by their lifetime warranty. From my experience, they also always ask you send the invisible shield back in its original packaging as well.

15. Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

For what it is worth,

Yes, I was hasty and I'm sorry if I wasted any of your time.

I guess I've learned that I need to keep my screen protectors when I take them off if it is due to a replacement situation.

----------

Thanks for the info. I will keep that in the back of my mind and keep that stuff. This is good to know.

I've never had an issue or an issue that warranted a second replacement before.

----------

You are right. I guess I just didn't think that people would pull stuff like that. Who has time for it? Surely if people spent time enjoying their life instead of angling for free stuff they'd have more fun. Maybe that is fun for them.

I've been buying from Amazon since it started. I've only returned 2 items.

16. Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

The Glas t is awesome. IF they ever get it right they'll have a great product. But right now, it isn't worth the headache.

I will buy from a manufacturer directly if I know they are going to work with me. I'd rather pay the extra money and have the protection if something goes wrong with the product.

17. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I had the same issue with lifting and they sent me another one without issue. I still have not put my replacement on because the lifting isn't in the screen yet but it's making it's way there...... I'll post in this thread when I change it and my results.

18. ZipZap macrumors 601

SGP just wants the bad one back before sending a new one. It has nothing to do with their manufacturer needing to see it. Trust me SGP does not forward them on to China.

It should not be necessary to send it back if you have provided pictures and frankly they annoy the hell out of me when the first ask for pictures giving you the impression this will be sufficient...then demand the bad unit back....all over a week or more.

My recommendation.

Buy another have them ship free to you.
    Send back the bad one for a refund upon receipt.

19. Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

Over on Amazon there are others with the same issue. It isn't just me. They are calling it Adhesivegate.

So thanks for those of you that understood. There is an issue with their product.