Spigen Yellow Bumper - I like it!!!

ToddH

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
The spigen yellow bumper, two piece. I have the white iPhone 5. Since I like the bumper case, I just ordered a white one and another yellow for the wife. It feels nice and solid. However it does shift some when it is in the back pocket. I have full body ghost armour on the phone. I may take the side armour off and see if the rubber bumper material fits a little more snug.

Link:: http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5.html

Attachments

ToddH

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
atleast post your own photos:rolleyes:
Well I can if I had another phone to shoot it with now. Don't have a mirror and can't shoot a photo of my own phone. I'll break out my Nikon D800e (36.3mp) later and get you and others a very detailed shot. How does that sound??

hatersgonnahate

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
Well I can if I had another phone to shoot it with now. Don't have a mirror and can't shoot a photo of my own phone. I'll break out my Nikon D800e (36.3mp) later and get you and others a very detailed shot. How does that sound??
you should have done that before starting this thread:)

ToddH

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
you should have done that before starting this thread:)
Yeah maybe so.... It is what it is. However, the phone with the bumper on it really doesn't look much different than the web photo. I'll post you one later. If you want to delete the thread, I'll start it again later if its that big of a deal to all of you.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I like the white rubber inner part with the black band on my black 5. Looks kinda like an Oreo!

autofree

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2008
Here's some pics...

I wasn't sure about this case but once I put it on, it looks pretty slick.

I'm a huge Lakers fan so the yellow was a great color. I should have taken pics with my lock screen wallpaper on. :)

I did not put on the front screen protector. I got the Spigen Glas.tr screen protector on instead.

Koebot

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
Looks good. This case would be ideal if they would firm up the rubber or change it to TPU and offer an aluminum bumper option.

autofree

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2008
Looks good. This case would be ideal if they would firm up the rubber or change it to TPU and offer an aluminum bumper option.
Agreed. The rubber is way too soft. Feels very flimsy. But the yellow plastic band does hold it in place fairly well.

Also, there's flex on the long edges of the case. It's easy to just tug on the edges and expose the sides of the phone. Not good protection, but I liked the look of it.

Def not worth the retail price of $32. FYI, I got a discount on it. ;)

lunarken

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Definitely chunky, and feels weird when holding the phone as well.
I've got the Snow version and the bumper feels a lot thicker than the 4S version.

Not liking it at all, so might just bin it and go for a different sort.
i really must agree to this.