Spigen's glass screen protector problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JawneeWin, Sep 19, 2014.

1. JawneeWin macrumors 6502

Spigen's glass screen protector has a sizing problem.

Due to the curve of the phone's glass, screen protectors cannot fully reach the edges of the phone.

However, Spigen's glass screen protectors do not fully cover the LCD screen on the sides. This causes a "rainbow" effect with the screen on. This is very annoying. I think that Spigen could've extended the sides a TINY BIT more to cover the screen, and it shouldn't interfere with the curve still.

Just thought I'd share that with others who are thinking if they should purchase it or not. Also, if anyone else has problems with other brands, please share the info for others to be informed about them. I contacted Spigen to let them know about this, so I hope they do something about it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry that the lightning is bad, but just thought I'd share this for anyone wondering what I'm talking about.

*I heard Zagg's screen protector is too big and sticks out where the phone curves? Can anyone confirm (possibly with photos, it will help greatly)

2. meagain macrumors 68030

3. JawneeWin thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, it's a shame because I honestly don't even mind it not reaching the edges, but it doesn't even cover the entire viewing screen.

4. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

The problem with trying to fully cover a screen with tapered edges is the corners. The plastic will bunch up in the corners and not be smooth (try wrapping a piece of printer paper around an iPhone or calculator without crinkling it and you'll see what I mean).

5. ZipZap macrumors 601

That's way too small!

But I read elsewhere that they will replace the bad ones. Shoot them an email immediately.

6. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

Zagg glass is just as bad! It looks terrible and I already emailed them to complain. Hopefully they will resize and let us replace these.

7. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

My Mocolo one (just as good, 3x cheaper) is the same however the rainbow effect is so unnoticeable. I'm more concerned about the amount of dust thats getting trapped around the edge of the protector.

8. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

Spigen's glass screen protector problem

I got Skinomi's on the front and back skins and they fit perfect but I know they will start to peel on edges bc of the curves eventually

9. Ezra923 macrumors regular

How about Apples' anti glare film? Did they get it right? I would laugh if they didnt lol

10. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

It's that the Glas.tr or the crystal clear regular screen protector?

11. cnick6 macrumors regular

cnick6

Thanks for posting Jawnee. I'm going to cancel my order of that one. I have the Crystal protectors on order.

12. wickedwahine11, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

Actually, it is the opposite problem for me. My Zagg is just like yours, WAY too small.

13. MatiasAR macrumors newbie

I bought a Spigen screen protector on Amazon and Spigen´s team sent me an email yesterday saying they have just shipped a new screen protector with the correct size and apologised - If you haven't received an email yet, then reach out!

14. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

Does the screen protector otherwise fit fine with that case you have on it?

15. andyx3x macrumors 65816

That looks very tacky. I'd take it off immediately.

16. JawneeWin thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I feel the same. I'm just leaving it on to have something to cover it for the time being.

17. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

I have zagg glass shield on order. Now I'm a little concerned. I guess I can wait a day or two. I get 50% off through att. I can always try and go in store and see if they have any recommendations.

18. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I received the same email earlier this week. I had the same issues as the OP but was also missing the cutout for the proximity sensor, but it will work in a pinch until the new ones arrive.

19. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

My best friend got the Zagg Glass put on her 6 today, and it doesn't adhere 100% to the top or bottom due to the curve. She doesn't like it much. Take that for what it's worth.

20. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

It is terrible, don't buy it. It looks like crap on mine. And I loved the Zagg on my 4 and 5. But this looks awful. Don't buy it if you can cancel the order. Ai am hoping to beg them to let me return mine.

21. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

I concur I thought I had a 6 screen protector shipped to me. I was like wow what about the edges. Hmmm

22. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

Did you reach out to Amazon or Spigen? I purchased thru Amazon, but never got an email.

23. AceMason macrumors 6502

24. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I received the GLAS.tR yesterday.

I had a generic protector from at&t on my iPhone 6 until the Spigen came in. I had the GLAS.tR on my 5S and loved it.

Unfortunately, I don't love the iPhone 6 version of the tR. It was too narrow and did not adhere to the top corners. See attached pic.

I bought three -- one for me, my wife, and son. They are all going back today.

Attached Files:

25. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I have the Zagg Glass on mine and it's pretty much the same thing, it's covers edge to edge of the screen itself and not the entire device. But I don't have this rainbow effect because I installed mine dead straight in the middle.