Spill repair advice.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Reissman, Aug 28, 2009.

  1. Reissman macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2007
    #1
    Yes, another I spilled something on my laptop..But, I have a working laptop its just not charging. Here is the synopsis.

    Kid spills water on table water flows into back of laptop.
    Laptop shuts off
    Battery removed and put upside down for 4-5 days
    I put battery back in wife uses it for about 1.5 hours then it dies
    We go on vaca for a week when I get back we try it again
    But it will work with a charged battery from my other mac
    Power cable is good, checked with other mac's power supply
    It dies in 5 min, I realize the battery is dead, and I determine its not charging
    I do research and find that it could be the battery connector/ sleep sensor according to ifix and some other help forums.
    I get one and replace it...but does not fix problem.
    Laptop sees power supply according to icon but never charges battery
    Laptop works fine on a charged battery.

    So...Am I SOL? and need a logic board or is there another option?

    Thanks
     
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #2
    You could try removing the board and cleaning it with a toothbrush and some diluted alcohol, but you're probably out of luck. I'd imagine the damage is beyond normal repair at this point.
     
  3. surflordca macrumors 6502a

    surflordca

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2007
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada

Share This Page