Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
(even if they do believe that I caused the damage).

I'm no rocket scientist but it seems to me if you spill liquid on one part of the macbook then other parts of the same macbook begin to fail well... it's not a coincidence. :D

All in all, I am NOW a happy camper.
Yep. People make mistakes, whine to Apple, get it fixed... Yet another reason why MacBooks cost what they do.

mhashem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
pretty obvious that once you flipped your macbook upside down, coffee got into the monitor connections. but good thing apple is extremely lenient with dealing with people trying to scam free repairs.

You're not very bright are you? I clearly indicated that not that much coffee spilled on the macbook, and even then, coffee didn't come close to the screen. Also, if coffee did get into the monitor connections, I would have noticed within the 3 days i had the mac before taking it in to the Apple Store.

Btw, i do not appreciate you accusing me of trying to scam apple for a free repair. Numerous people on this thread and other threads have suggested that the story doesn't make sense, and that the damage was probably caused by the apple technician while trying to replace the top case. If you think otherwise, you could say so, no need to accuse me of being a scam artists. Jackass.

iDabble

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
You're not very bright are you? I clearly indicated that not that much coffee spilled on the macbook, and even then, coffee didn't come close to the screen. Also, if coffee did get into the monitor connections, I would have noticed within the 3 days i had the mac before taking it in to the Apple Store.

Btw, i do not appreciate you accusing me of trying to scam apple for a free repair. Numerous people on this thread and other threads have suggested that the story doesn't make sense, and that the damage was probably caused by the apple technician while trying to replace the top case. If you think otherwise, you could say so, no need to accuse me of being a scam artists. Jackass.

You must have carefully selected not to read the responses in this thread from technicians stating specifically what happened in your case. You spilt a liquid on a very sensitive piece of electronics. It took some time for your keyboard to act up, is it that hard to believe the display was a ticking time bomb as well?

Just because you don't understand the way the internal components of the computer work doesn't mean Apple is responsible to fix it for you for free.

And you were there for an hour arguing your case? And people wonder why they always have to wait so long at the genius bar...

The only thing apple did wrong in this situation was not inform you of the screen damage in their original quote.

mhashem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
You must have carefully selected not to read the responses in this thread from technicians stating specifically what happened in your case. You spilt a liquid on a very sensitive piece of electronics. It took some time for your keyboard to act up, is it that hard to believe the display was a ticking time bomb as well?

Just because you don't understand the way the internal components of the computer work doesn't mean Apple is responsible to fix it for you for free.

And you were there for an hour arguing your case? And people wonder why they always have to wait so long at the genius bar...

The only thing apple did wrong in this situation was not inform you of the screen damage in their original quote.

Cool story bro. Tell it again?

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
It could also be that the tech botched a few wires inside also. I know from experience I hate those plastic strip wires. And it may have been coffee on the video card. Hard to say without looking at the laptop.
Glad you got it fixed though. Paying for the repair they should have at the very least offered you a discount to fix the screen also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.