Spilled soda onto Macbook Pro keyboard!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Soundhound, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Soundhound macrumors 6502a

Ack! What should I do. I've kept is upside down, wiped off the soda, but I know some got in there under the keys. I'm tempted to want to get water in there to clean it out. Bad idea? Should I use one of those cans of compressed air maybe? Help!!

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

If you can find a bowl large enough in both depth and width, stick it in there with rice. Leave for 24-48 hours.

Or.....

Don't drink by your 'Book. ;)

3. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

dam sucks if it even works its gonna be all sticky just let it dry out for like a week if it works when you turn it on yay you got a working sticky macbook pro if not get ready to shell out alot of cash to get it fixed since you voided your warrenty.

4. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Pour distilled water on it to clean it out, then put it in the rice.

5. tooz macrumors 6502

if you feel confident, look up the ifixit disassembly guide and wipe all the components off

6. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

You need to open it up. If it's a non-unibody model you need Phillips size 00 and Torx size 6 screwdrivers for that, and lots of patience. I don't know about unibody models but you need to open it anyway. Once you have that keyboard removed, THEN you can water it clean and let it dry.

You might be lucky, though. At least non-unibody macbook pro's have black plastic cover under the keys so most liquids might have stopped there.