Spilled syrup on my brand new Macbook Pro.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cicatrix, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Cicatrix macrumors 6502

Just kidding, what's with everybody spilling **** onto there gear that's worth thousands of dollars? I don't get it. I've never even come close to spilling liquid, dropping globs of cookie dough, or crumbs, or whatever else onto my laptop. I guess it's just cool to put food and beverage right next to your computer.
    Maybe we can play a game and see you can slam their MacBook Pro lids the hardest or something:D.

P.S. I think Steve Jobs would have come straight to you spillers houses and slapped that Apple frown right off your faces!

2. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

Oh your day will come my friend.

You've just jinxed yourself pretty hard.

3. Cicatrix thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I know. I have a feeling It's going to be my new 2012" MBP that's going to get it to.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I wonder how many people will post to the thread title without reading the OP.

5. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

Hopefully a lot.. 'SWEET' waste of time.. for those that have some to spare..

:rolleyes:

6. spl456 macrumors member

I knocked over a glass of red wine right next to my MBP.
    Some wine went right near the TB/DP port.

7. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Uhm yeah, I try to keep some safety distance between my coffee cups and my MBP, but I do eat and drink around it.

Sometimes it's kids or pets who cause the spill, or the significant other who is not so careful with electronic devices, the boss who walks in with his cup of coffee, or, in one case I heard of, the roof leaking and dropping all sorts of crap on the open MBP.

But of course it's easy to point and laugh as long as nothing happens to one self.

8. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I've managed to spill nothing, but I have a strict policy of mo cups / bottles etc. near my Macs. OP: I would now adopt this policy at once...you may not have 9 lives!...:)

9. Cicatrix thread starter macrumors 6502

I totally understand when about a third party causing the accident. you are right though, it is extremely easy to point out stupid things. especially the things it only takes a little bit of comon sense to avoid. like setting a drink right next to your computer. I mean, come on...
    also, I never allow food or drink into my studio where my equipment resides. I guess I could try to talk and drink at the same time with my iPhone ?

10. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOWKGXpl9E0&t=0m12s

:D

As a side note, I bought a used Alum Apple Cinema Display...the thing looks like it was around a hammer all the time, I asked the owner what he's been doing around it and he should treat his personal items much nicer. Maybe I was being a douche, but oh well...

11. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Exactly, that's why I never say "I haven't dropped my iPhone yet."

12. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

You do realize that saying you haven't dropped it yet has no bearing on whether or not you will drop it in the future, right?

13. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

You would be surprised, lol.

14. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

I would be in the same boat as you, OP, if it weren't for the fact that I accidentally spilled on my MBP a few days ago. I was opening a bottle of soda a few FEET away and the damn thing decides to explode and it got everywhere. Mostly on me, but some on my computer. Everything works fine, thankfully, except my trackpad gets stuck when I click down sometimes. Trying to figure out if it's worth opening to see if I can clean it or if I should bring it to Apple and see if any of the liquid censors went off and asking their advice...

15. upbraid macrumors member

16. dweezle3 macrumors regular

dweezle3

I wonder if that new Liquipel technology that's used to waterproof cellphones could be applied to a Macbook Pro? That'd be very useful.

17. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

OP, shut down the computer now! Then disassemble it and clean every component with water... :D :rolleyes:

Seriously, I have always used a keyboard cover and never eat or drink anything near my computer.