spilled tea - now screen looks weird.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gilgamesh0, May 4, 2010.

1. gilgamesh0 macrumors newbie

Okay, i didn't spill the tea exactly on my macbook pro. I spilled it in a bag, where the macbook was in its case. The case got all wet on one side and so did the mac. Non of the liquid got anywhere near the keyboard, mostly it was on the cover and a bit on the side where the CD-rom is. I opened the mac - it worked (and still works) fine. However, somehow the liquid got into the screen - under the glass. I now see stains over my screen. About half of them dried really quickly, but the rest a still there (about two hours have passed).
    Do I wait for it to go away? Do I blow-dry it? Or am I forever stuck with a stained screen?
    I checked the "i-spilled-stuff-on-mac" guide, but it doesn't mention any screen problems. :confused:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Why are you even using your machine if you spilled liquid on any part of it?

3. lizard77 macrumors newbie

I wonder what did you expect your screen to look like after spilling tea on it? More crisp????

Even if the tea dryied out behind the glass something is still left there. So let the glass remove and clean the screen properly.

4. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

yeah, you're pretty much stuck with stains. If you spill anything short of pure distilled water, or something else that has no residue, you're going to be left with some kind of crap left over even after it's dried. Even rubbing alcohol leaves cloudy residue.

5. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

hahaha, i laughed out loud :)

OP, you could try removing the glass (check ifixit.com) and cleaning the screen and inside of the glass and then reattaching it.

6. realz macrumors member

This would be a good time to start praying and promising god stuff that you possibly cannot do.

7. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

Make sure you drop some cumpets on the keyboard for your teaparty.

8. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

ROFL:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

9. gilgamesh0 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've turned the mac off and left it fr a whole day - now the stains seem even worse than before.
    And I have the newest macbook pro, the glass doesn't look removable.

10. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

No, I don't think you need to be forever stuck with the stained screen. You should take it to your local Apple Store and see what they say. Hopefully it just needs to be cleaned.

11. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

Check ifixit as already recommended.

12. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

+1

You *could* remove the glass, take apart the display, etc, and clean it yourself. But honestly judging from what I've read, you're better off taking it to Apple and letting them do it.

13. johnalan macrumors regular

Either way I don't think this can be classified as funny!

I must just not get a mad buzz out of others going through hassle