Spilled tea on my closed Macbookpro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by leighfrat, Jan 22, 2010.

1. leighfrat macrumors newbie

Why does everyone seem to spill tea? Anyway, that's what I did. It was closed. No sugar or milk. It was probably half a cup. I wiped it immediately, dried it off, and used the hair dryer on low. I tried to turn it on and it made a noise, but didn't come on. I took out the battery and it's sitting upside down now. Am I completely screwed? Thanks for any help or advice.

Leigh

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. leighfrat thread starter macrumors newbie

4. merrymacuser macrumors newbie

Spilled Tea in Macbook

Well, I join you all in your sorrow. I bought a brand new MacBook, took it out of the box, and plugged it in. My hubby handed me a cup of tea to sip while I explored the new features. You guessed it; the tea slipped and spilled all over the computer. We followed all the forum suggestions, dried it out, blow dried it, prayed, and begged. It is totaled. Completely fritzed, so say the Apple Genuises. Good news, the credit card company offered a portion of the cost on the Purchase Protection, and Homeowners insurance covered the rest.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Don't be silly. It was only half a cup with no sugar or milk. None of those threads could have helped.

OP leave it off for 72 hours and eat rice for the next three days … or stick it rice. Either or.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Sorry to hear about your experience :(
    But glad you were able to get it covered with your homeowners insurance

In the future, there is a "Spilled liquid on my Mac or keyboard" guide