Spilled tea

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cargy8763, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Cargy8763 macrumors newbie

Cargy8763

Ok I had s glass of tea spill on top of my closed MacBook Pro. It spiller down the sides and underneath. I dried it all off with a towel before I opened it. Then dried the edges when I opened it. It didn't seem like there was much liquid inside just at the edge. But I tried to turn it on and it didn't boot. Then I plugged it in to see if the battery needed charging. (I didn't use it last) and still wouldn't boot but the plug is orange. I have it drying in a trash bag with rice in the closed position... Any hope???

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Trying to power it on may have potentially damaged it, but it's still worth leaving it in the rice for a few days to see. It worked for my sister's phone ages ago. Was the computer turned on when you spilled the tea on it?

3. Spudlicious macrumors 6502

Spudlicious

This must be Australian spillage day, this is the second I've seen. I would like to say you shouldn't enjoy beverages near your computer, but I am typing this with a cuppa on my desk. The rice thing another poster mentioned was tried by a family member for an iPhone dropped into a toilet, and seemingly with success, but I still think a visit to an Apple store or other reputed repairer would be wise.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As mentioned leave it in the rice for a while, and you may want to look into what it will take to clean the logic board so it doesn't corrode.

5. Cargy8763, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015

Cargy8763 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cargy8763

No not on. And closed. So the tea most likely went into the peripherals slots...

Yes I know the drink rule. But in my defense MBP was off and closed on the end table. My glass of iced green tea was next to it and my dog knocked it over... Yup it was the dog!

Ok thanks.

6. Spudlicious macrumors 6502

Spudlicious

I'd like to hear the dog's version of events.....