Spilled water on Macbook Air keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by YViking, Jun 23, 2012.

1. YViking macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Approximately 24 hours ago I spilled half a glass of water on my laptop. I immediately turned it over, unplugged it, and shut it off. I placed it face down on a desk, with the lid open and hanging out over the side, and later I placed it on the floor face down, with the lid open, and a blow dryer right next to it fanning air under the keyboard.

I turned it on a couple of hours ago, and all the keys work - I didn't test anything else, and turned it off again.

It's now drying on the floor again, and I'm trying to figure out whether I still need to take it to an apple certified store (currently in Istanbul, which doesn't have any Apple Stores), or whether I can just try to turn it on tomorrow and work with it from there?

Is it possible that the water didn't seep far enough in to do any severe damage (it wouldn't turn on for the first 24 hours).

Also, I do have AppleCare Plus, but it seems like any guarantee is completely voided when the issue is water damage?

I'd really appreciate any help - thanks!!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

AppleCare + is not available for Macs, only iPhones and iPads. AppleCare does not cover any damage from accidents, including spills.

Spilled Liquid On My Mac or Keyboard